Official Diablo 3 thread (Salad gets tossed)

diablo3screen.jpg

Battletags/Real ID: Tag (Systemwars Username) - Class

Befragen BeefDragon#1964

Brownwalrus Brownwalrus#1324

Chupacabra ChupacabraII#1323

-CM- DoctaJoe#1831

-CM²- (Cleotis) Player1#1229

cov Cov#1262

dEX Cyrus#2198

Fatty Winnarz fattywinnarz#1911

guiltyspark guiltyspark#1474

Hotsauce HotSauce#1527

Infernal Infernal#1 440

Kzero Kzero#1243

lozlink LOZLINK#1793

MajesticXII majesticXII#2580

Matrixfart Boreasos#2248

mindwash mindwash#1598

nit nitric#1667

Paul Kersey LobJohnson#1227

peanutbutta peanutbutta#1817

sajuuk sajuuk#1558

salad angelsnake#1585

Sickcinema SickCinema#2148

SK Soulkeeper90#1536

-SupermaN- Krolm#1766

Templarman Hurfdurf#1315

Twinblade TwinB#1308

xDHxBLACKICE xDHxBLACKICE#1102

zwarrior rottkho#1794

Release Date

May 15th - 12:01 AM PST, 2:01 AM CST, 3:01 AM EST

Class Spotlights

New in Diablo 3

Auction House/Real Money Auction House

Players will be able to buy and sell their goods using a pair of in-game auction houses. In addition to the in-game currency, players will be able to buy and sell their goods using real money. These are the associated seller fees:

For Equipment (weapons, armor, accessories, and other unique items)

-Transaction Fee (Gold Auction House): 15% of final sale price

-Transaction Fee (Real-Money Auction House): $1.00 USD per item / $1.00 AUD per item

-Transfer Fee (when sending proceeds to PayPal or other authorized payment-service provider): 15% of amount being transferred

For Commodities (gems, materials, dyes, pages, recipes, and other non-unique items)

-Transaction Fee (Gold Auction House): 15% of final sale price

-Transaction Fee (Real-Money Auction House): 15% of final sale price

-Transfer Fee (when sending proceeds to PayPal or other authorized payment-service provider): 15% of amount being transferred

Users will have a maximum of 10 allowable auctions in both the gold and real-money auction houses, though commodities will stack and only take up one slot.

Crafting and Artisans

Crafting in Diablo 3 is not done directly by the player, but carried out by skilled artisans who agree to assist the hero on his/her journey.

- The Blacksmith salvages unwanted magic (blue) or better items into crafting materials which he then uses to craft weapons and armor. While they often have some fixed properties or pre-defined ranges, like most items in Diablo, the arms created by the Blacksmith have randomly generated properties.

- The Jeweler can combine lower quality gems into better ones, add sockets to items, as well as extract gems from equipment - for a price. Gems give powerful stat enhancements when socketed and have different, special properties if inserted into a helm or weapon. You’ll need to invest in these precious stones for your heroes to be at the peak of their capabilities.

Initially upgraded with only gold, eventually artisans will require pages, books, or tomes of knowledge to advance their craft to the highest level (10). Even then, the absolute best craftable items must be learned from rare recipes found in the world.

Inferno

Inferno will be unlocked upon the completion Hell difficulty and will require the character to be at Diablo 3's level cap of 60.

Here's what Blizzard has to say about Diablo 3's highest difficulty:

Was anyone in the internal test team able to beat D3 Inferno difficulty?
No.

https://twitter.com/...027154352013313

I'm New to Diablo...Who's Diablo?

Short answer:

Long answer:

Edited by TemplarMan
  • Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I feel like everyone is gonna go monk. I think I may go Wizard or Demon Hunter. I've always liked ranged characters.

Might be of use to some people:

ppnAo.png

Blizzard poll on their Battle.net site, ran for awhile so it's probably the largest representation of class choices available.

real money auction house info

Blizzard today offered new details on Diablo III's controversial real money auction house. The service will launch "approximately one week" after the role-playing game ships onMay 15, and Blizzard will enact surcharges on all commodities sold and for those wishing to cash out.

Diablo3AuctionHouse_82874_embed.jpg

Blizzard said it will take $1 from every piece of equipment (weapons and armor) successfully sold. For commodities like crafting materials, gems, gold, and what Blizzard described as "stackable" items, the company will enact a 15 percent transaction fee. On top of that, Blizzard will take another 15 percent if gamers elect to move funds to a third-party service like PayPal.

Gamers can avoid that fee (and PayPal's own surcharge) by dumping the cash into their Battle.net account, but there, the funds can be used only to purchase Blizzard games, subscriptions, and merchandise. For more on fees associated with Diablo III's auction house, check out Blizzard's comprehensiveFAQ.

The company also today announced that Diablo III will make use of Battle.net's new Global Play feature. This allows players to create new characters and friend lists in regions outside of their home territory.

Diablo III's servers will be located in three major regions: The Americas (United States, Canada, Latin America, Australia, New Zealand, and Southeast Asia) Europe (European Union, Eastern Europe, Russia, Africa, and Israel, and the United Arab Emirates), and Asia (South Korea, Taiwan, Hong Kong, and Macau).

When players first create a character, it will be tagged for play in their home region, which is determined by the country registered to their Battle.net account. The Global Play option allows players to jump into any other game region before or after they log in to Diablo III.

The Global Play offering is not without its restrictions. Players will not be able to migrate characters, items, and friends lists between regions. Further, players will be blocked from accessing the real-money auction house when playing outside their "home" region.

TL;DR: they're keeping $1 per weapon/armor and and another 30% if you want to transfer those funds to paypal.

Edited by Twinblade

real money auction house info

Blizzard today offered new details on Diablo III's controversial real money auction house. The service will launch "approximately one week" after the role-playing game ships onMay 15, and Blizzard will enact surcharges on all commodities sold and for those wishing to cash out.

Diablo3AuctionHouse_82874_embed.jpg

Blizzard said it will take $1 from every piece of equipment (weapons and armor) successfully sold. For commodities like crafting materials, gems, gold, and what Blizzard described as "stackable" items, the company will enact a 15 percent transaction fee. On top of that, Blizzard will take another 15 percent if gamers elect to move funds to a third-party service like PayPal.

Gamers can avoid that fee (and PayPal's own surcharge) by dumping the cash into their Battle.net account, but there, the funds can be used only to purchase Blizzard games, subscriptions, and merchandise. For more on fees associated with Diablo III's auction house, check out Blizzard's comprehensiveFAQ.

The company also today announced that Diablo III will make use of Battle.net's new Global Play feature. This allows players to create new characters and friend lists in regions outside of their home territory.

Diablo III's servers will be located in three major regions: The Americas (United States, Canada, Latin America, Australia, New Zealand, and Southeast Asia) Europe (European Union, Eastern Europe, Russia, Africa, and Israel, and the United Arab Emirates), and Asia (South Korea, Taiwan, Hong Kong, and Macau).

When players first create a character, it will be tagged for play in their home region, which is determined by the country registered to their Battle.net account. The Global Play option allows players to jump into any other game region before or after they log in to Diablo III.

The Global Play offering is not without its restrictions. Players will not be able to migrate characters, items, and friends lists between regions. Further, players will be blocked from accessing the real-money auction house when playing outside their "home" region.

TL;DR: they're keeping $1 per weapon/armor and and another 30% if you want to transfer those funds to paypal.

are you always this much of a party pooper in real life?

Edited by Paul Kersey

owned bitch B)

by making my half-assed thread, i have forced you to put MORE effort into making the exact thread i meant to make, but would have rather had someone else make.

my DIABLOlical plan worked :geese:

God damn the forum software on this site is fucking horrid, almost every attempt at an edit is met with some piece of formatting code breaking. :shake:

ctrl+shift+v if pasting is the problem

I usually right click+paste as plain text to get around that problem, ctrl+shift+v will save me some effort though.

Spotlight videos will disappear on some edits, the code just vanishes for some reason. Size/color will reset. Just weird shit like that. I started saving the HTML code in a notepad document. ;(

owned bitch B)

by making my half-assed thread, i have forced you to put MORE effort into making the exact thread i meant to make, but would have rather had someone else make.

my DIABLOlical plan worked :geese: