Too Kyo Games - New game company, reveal at 9/11, 19:00 JST

41149359_2166177440337775_16350913351678

As a countdown to the live stream, Too Kyo Games will be publishing videos of other game creators who know its own noted creator well. The first video features Square Enix’s Yosuke Saito, who says, “Actually, (redacted) asked me for advice about this a while ago, like ‘But wouldn’t this be good? Wouldn’t this be good?’ Since what I told that person then is connected to now, if I can get back like 10 percent or so, it will all be worth it. Please make sure everyone has fun.” Saito seems to be joking about giving this creator advice on starting up a company, and now wants a cut in return.

The company’s first tweet describes the studio as “Too crazy games, anime, and entertainment, from Tokyo to the world.” The Japanese description of “too crazy” used in the tweet is “狂イ過ギ,” which itself is very eccentric. It is only speculation at this point, but the eccentric wording combined with Yosuke Saito being one of the creators who knows Too Kyo Games’ noted creator well seem to indicate that the company is led by NieR director Yoko Taro. Saito previously worked closely with Taro on NieR: Automata.

TGS is getting fun. :glad: