Baldur's Gate 3 apparently has 174 hours of cutscenes and 17,000 ending variations

17 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

Thats high praise. What are some of the things you like the most about it?

Everything is really good. Only bad thing I can say is that the scale of the combat and it's verticality can be a bit overwhelming.

I haven't played much, didn't need to, it's pretty obvious this is the culmination of all things that makes a great CRPG crammed into one epic high budget game. It's phenomenal. It kinda reminds me of Neverwinter Nights 2 except, much, much better. 

Mechanically it's much closer to Divinity Original Sin 2, which is a good thing but also pays respect to D&D rulesets. 

It's got everything going for it. Bioware and Obsidian are getting played out, Larian Studio is the new hot RPG dev in town. 

• aitch 1
1 hour ago, Ramza said:

Everything is really good. Only bad thing I can say is that the scale of the combat and it's verticality can be a bit overwhelming.

I haven't played much, didn't need to, it's pretty obvious this is the culmination of all things that makes a great CRPG crammed into one epic high budget game. It's phenomenal. It kinda reminds me of Neverwinter Nights 2 except, much, much better. 

Mechanically it's much closer to Divinity Original Sin 2, which is a good thing but also pays respect to D&D rulesets. 

It's got everything going for it. Bioware and Obsidian are getting played out, Larian Studio is the new hot RPG dev in town. 

The combat is basically TBS style right? Its been a while since I played Divinity.

35 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

The combat is basically TBS style right? Its been a while since I played Divinity.

Yep. It's turn based with movement/positioning.