Delivery Optimization files

26 minutes ago, Jon2B said:

As we all know I am not a PC smart kind of guy but why do Wstore games take up space on the OS HDD with DO files when you install the shit on a different SSD :mad:

When you have delivery optimization selected in Win 10, when you download an app or update, you're downloading them from not only MS' servers, but also from other sources as well.. such as other Win10 users.  Since that's how it optimizes data transfer (essentially peer-to peer) it improves download speeds.  However, the reason why it can do that is because it stores a bit of the data from that app or that update on your computer (the OS drive) so it can send that to other users who are also downloading that app or update.

It's essentially like bit-torrent except for MS apps and updates so that it's faster to download.  You are downloading chunks from other users and MS' servers, and they are doing the same from you.

You can turn it off in the Windows Update settings if you want.

Roff, you have that shit enabled? That shit is too open for my liking and the fact that people can "leech" off of my Internet connection is reason enough to disable it. The files that are left behind are just local cache shit that will eventually disappear over time.