So the streaming future

Let's not go into a debate if is the future or not. We've done that before.

But the Stadia presentation was underwhelming, and XCloud is so embarrassing that MS didn't even demo the damn thing. Conference settings for tests, and we get Stadia bugging the fuck out and buffering the games. XCloud tested by MS journalists in ideal conditions with an Azure center next to the fucking show has lag in Halo 5 and framerate drops.

Right now so much money is being thrown at this, it all sucks ass objectively. MS's biggest announcement was PS4 remote play from 2014.

Edited by Team 2019

I can see the appeal for people who are hooked on GAAS games like Destiny. Just imagine logging in to your character to do some daily errands during lunch break at work on your work PC! The cross save feature is perfect for a game like this. Plus there's no upfront cost like buying a console so I think the appeal is still there for people who only play that one or two games forever and can bear a little lag.

Edited by Pureis

What baffles me about streaming XCloud and Stadia both demoed this is framerate drops when the native hardware on the cloud side isn't having issues rendering the framerate.

PSNow is supposed to have the same performance as XCloud as well. It's also abysmal.

Edited by Team 2019
21 minutes ago, Pureis said:

I can see the appeal for people who are hooked on GAAS games like Destiny. Just imagine logging in to your character to do some daily errands during lunch break at work on your work PC! The cross save feature is perfect for a game like this. Plus there's no upfront cost like buying a console so I think the appeal is still there for people who only play that one or two games forever and can bear a little lag.

Destiny with a little bit of visual lag sounds awful, though.

1 minute ago, Hot Sauce said:

Destiny with a little bit of visual lag sounds awful, though.

Nah PVE is perfectly doable. Destiny somehow hides lag from the player very well. From time to time you see enemies teleporting or disappearing but it still controls and appears smooth as butter. You don’t feel any lag at all even though it may be lagging. Destiny handles this aspect very well. You’d understand if you played Destiny. As long as you don’t play PVP, streaming is definitely viable for destiny.

Just now, Pureis said:

Nah PVE is perfectly doable. Destiny somehow hides lag from the player very well. From time to time you see enemies teleporting or disappearing but it still controls and appears smooth as butter. You don’t feel any lag at all even though it may be lagging. Destiny handles this aspect very well. You’d understand if you played Destiny. As long as you don’t play PVP, streaming is definitely viable for destiny.

There's a pretty big difference between server lag and visual lag. How Destiny handles the former isn't particularly relevant.

1 minute ago, Hot Sauce said:

There's a pretty big difference between server lag and visual lag. How Destiny handles the former isn't particularly relevant.

We’ll see when Stadia launches later this year. But I don’t think they would choose Destiny 2 as the game for their paid subscription if they aren’t confident it can be handled well.