CD Projekt Red has "renewed" their licensing contract with The Witcher author Andrej Saporhwkosjfwo whateverthefuck he's called for more Witcher.

CD Projekt Red must've given him a nice deal in order to make that bitter old bastard willing to deal with them.

I would imagine that they now have access to the actual books instead of making up a storyline that occurs after the books, as well as being allowed to reference all of the other kingdoms and lands.

More Witcher.:fblike:

One of out guys did a lot of research into legal documents on this matter and he camed into conclusion that CDPR couldn't make Witcher 4 with Geralt as lead before. This is where all this "we're done with the series" "last game with Geralt" etc camed from. They would bassicaly be forced to make a new game in that setting, with different name and lead, The deal they signed now means they can make proper Witcher 4 with Geralt as lead

2 hours ago, AdrianWerner said:

One of out guys did a lot of research into legal documents on this matter and he camed into conclusion that CDPR couldn't make Witcher 4 with Geralt as lead before. This is where all this "we're done with the series" "last game with Geralt" etc camed from. They would bassicaly be forced to make a new game in that setting, with different name and lead, The deal they signed now means they can make proper Witcher 4 with Geralt as lead

I guess they could continue with making up their own post-books storyline where they can make up any story they wanted.

I wonder if they're allowed to make the setting in the southern territories, because originally CDPR was only allowed to reference northern territories and certain kingdoms.