DisplayMate: Apple does it again - iPhone 12 Pro Max by far the best mobile display in the world

Shouldn’t be surprised, tho. :bow:

Here are the smartphone display records that DisplayMate says the iPhone 12 Pro Max has set/matched:

Note that Numerical Performance Differences that are Visually Indistinguishable are considered Matched and Tied Performance Records.

· Highest   Absolute Color Accuracy  (0.9 JNCD)  –  Visually Indistinguishable From Perfect.

· Highest   Image Contrast Accuracy and Intensity Scale Accuracy  (2.19 Gamma)  –  Visually Indistinguishable From Perfect.

· Smallest  Shift in Color Accuracy and Intensity Scale with the Image Content APL  (0.2 JNCD)  –  Visually Indistinguishable From Perfect.

· Smallest  Shift in Image Contrast and Intensity Scale with the Image Content APL  (0.00 Gamma)  –  Visually Indistinguishable From Perfect.

· Smallest  Change in Peak Luminance with the Image Content Average Picture Level APL  (1 percent)  –  Visually Indistinguishable From Perfect.

· Highest   Full Screen Brightness for OLED Smartphones  (825 nits for 100% APL).

· Highest   Full Screen Contrast Rating in Ambient Light  (172 at 100% APL).

· Highest   Contrast Ratio  (Infinite).

· Lowest    Screen Reflectance  (4.8 percent).

· Smallest  Brightness Variation with Viewing Angle  (27% at 30 degrees).

· Highest   Visible Screen Resolution 2.8K (2778×1284)  –  4K Does Not appear visually sharper on a Smartphone.

1 hour ago, ghostz life matters said:

It’s literally the display. :D 

And nobody can see a difference.  My screen is amazing and one of the best screens around and yet i can't discern a difference between it and lesser screens.  I know it's better but who gives a shit?   You are just trying to justify a 1500 dollar phone.  

1 hour ago, lostfool said:

And nobody can see a difference.  My screen is amazing and one of the best screens around and yet i can't discern a difference between it and lesser screens.  I know it's better but who gives a shit?   You are just trying to justify a 1500 dollar phone.  

My phone was 1100 :D 

and no, I can tell :bow: your screen is trash :vince: