Valorant new update/map trailer

• Twinblade★ changed the title to Valorant new update/map trailer

I played like 30 matches. This game is way too easy, there is no actual skill ceiling to chase like in counter-strike. 

I'm sorry twinb, if this grew on you but it's garbage in a competitive sense. You should play CS, all the abilities (except for the stupid ones) are there in form of nades. 

CS is truly the only competitive FPS. Probably my most played game of all time too, since I was a kid back then in 1997 with some beta version. :kaz: :glad:  :glad: 

27 minutes ago, kaz said:

I played like 30 matches. This game is way too easy, there is no actual skill ceiling to chase like in counter-strike. 

I'm sorry twinb, if this grew on you but it's garbage in a competitive sense. You should play CS, all the abilities (except for the stupid ones) are there in form of nades. 

CS is truly the only competitive FPS. Probably my most played game of all time too, since I was a kid back then in 1997 with some beta version. :kaz: :glad:  :glad: 

Are you not playing the competitive mode? It’s not easy at all, the people who are actually good at it would likely wipe the floor with you :ben: 

17 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

Are you not playing the competitive mode? It’s not easy at all, the people who are actually good at it would likely wipe the floor with you :ben: 

I wipe their floor lol. I'm saying the core mechanics of valorant are barebones, outright outrageously easy. There is no real recoil, you can headshot people by simple shot-crouching. The abilities all suck and the important ones that make competitive gameplay great and exciting are CS nades. (smoke, flash, molotov) which everyone can use. The economy is also way to simple. Don't get me started on the maps. 

This game is clearly just as casual as league of losers is to dota 2. I play the real versions of these games CS and Dota. League and Valorant are the baby versions. :ben: 

Riot is defo known for their casual approach of their stolen/copied games lol. first dota, now cs. 

If you like Valorant you might wanna try getting into CS and get real skill. You might get addicted tho, so be careful. 

Edited by kaz
42 minutes ago, kaz said:

I wipe their floor lol. I'm saying the core mechanics of valorant are barebones, outright outrageously easy. There is no real recoil, you can headshot people by simple shot-crouching. The abilities all suck and the important ones that make competitive gameplay great and exciting are CS nades. (smoke, flash, molotov) which everyone can use. The economy is also way to simple. Don't get me started on the maps. 

This game is clearly just as casual as league of losers is to dota 2. I play the real versions of these games CS and Dota. League and Valorant are the baby versions. :ben: 

Riot is defo known for their casual approach of their stolen/copied games lol. first dota, now cs. 

If you like Valorant you might wanna try getting into CS and get real skill. You might get addicted tho, so be careful. 

the weapons have a ton of recoil, if you spray at anyone farther then medium range then you’ve pretty much lost that battle. And the abilities add a lot to the game, I still constantly see people using them in cool unexpected ways. It’s way more dynamic than CS is, which I was never able to get into. Most of my play time in CS was dedicated to its zombie mods.

• Ben 1
11 hours ago, Twinblade said:

the weapons have a ton of recoil, if you spray at anyone farther then medium range then you’ve pretty much lost that battle. And the abilities add a lot to the game, I still constantly see people using them in cool unexpected ways. It’s way more dynamic than CS is, which I was never able to get into. Most of my play time in CS was dedicated to its zombie mods.

Wrong. And most of your time was dedicated to zombie mods. there it is. :ben: 

the nades in CS cover the important skills, the other gimmick skills like teleport add no layer of depth or skill, it's just that; a gimmick. The weapons handling is piss easy, the recoil is basically non-existant.

I'm the saying the core mechanics compared to CS are a lot more forgiving, there is no actual skill involved if you have a brain and half decent at FPS. 

It's like I mentioned earlier, comparing Dota to League, and CS to Valorant. Baby versions. But it's ok if you prefer the game, nothing wrong with that, Twinbaby. :ben: 

1 hour ago, kaz said:

Wrong. And most of your time was dedicated to zombie mods. there it is. :ben: 

the nades in CS cover the important skills, the other gimmick skills like teleport add no layer of depth or skill, it's just that; a gimmick. The weapons handling is piss easy, the recoil is basically non-existant.

I'm the saying the core mechanics compared to CS are a lot more forgiving, there is no actual skill involved if you have a brain and half decent at FPS. 

It's like I mentioned earlier, comparing Dota to League, and CS to Valorant. Baby versions. But it's ok if you prefer the game, nothing wrong with that, Twinbaby. :ben: 

It sounds more and more like you played unranked matches with bottom tier players. There is a ton of skill and strategy to the abilities and how you use them 

Yoru is a perfect example 

31 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

It sounds more and more like you played unranked matches with bottom tier players. There is a ton of skill and strategy to the abilities and how you use them 

Yoru is a perfect example 

again; the mechanics are barebones compared to CS. I played unranked on my account to get into it then I played a few ranked matches on another account. First was diamond 3 and  I think radiant was the other a few months later which was upper skill level. Easy peazy opponents. 

The game core mechanics are way too easy, that's all. :ben:   I'm glad you enjoy the game though, nothing wrong with that, just hope that you maybe try CS after that. 

3 hours ago, kaz said:

again; the mechanics are barebones compared to CS. I played unranked on my account to get into it then I played a few ranked matches on another account. First was diamond 3 and  I think radiant was the other a few months later which was upper skill level. Easy peazy opponents. 

The game core mechanics are way too easy, that's all. :ben:   I'm glad you enjoy the game though, nothing wrong with that, just hope that you maybe try CS after that. 

I played CSS and CS GO and couldn't get into them like I could get into Valorant. Im not even trying to be biased, but Valorant is that same type of game but with more complexity. Its the closest thing to BF in terms of seeing new plays and unexpected shit almost every single match.

46 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

I played CSS and CS GO and couldn't get into them like I could get into Valorant. Im not even trying to be biased, but Valorant is that same type of game but with more complexity. Its the closest thing to BF in terms of seeing new plays and unexpected shit almost every single match.

Wrong.  :ben:   CS has more depth and complexity and it takes skill compared to Valorant. Mentioning BF in a seeing always new stuff sense doesn't even make sense too, BF is more of a casual game, CS and Valorant are competitive FPS. 

The only competitive games that go well beyond shit that is always new in every single game is dota 2 and/or star craft 2, while both still have similar matches all the time of course.

I'm not trying to take your fun away, sorry twinb, if you don't wanna try real CS my mission is done here. Just stick to Valorant, I'm sorry this wasn't the discussion you expected in this thread, but I doubt anyone cares about valorant, sadly.  I'm just glad someone here plays some online mp. :heatrt:

7 minutes ago, kaz said:

Wrong.  :ben:   CS has more depth and complexity and it takes skill compared to Valorant. Mentioning BF in a seeing always new stuff sense doesn't even make sense too, BF is more of a casual game, CS and Valorant are competitive FPS. 

The only competitive games that go well beyond shit that is always new in every single game is dota 2 and/or star craft 2, while both still have similar matches all the time of course.

I'm not trying to take your fun away, sorry twinb, if you don't wanna try real CS my mission is done here. Just stick to Valorant, I'm sorry this wasn't the discussion you expected in this thread, but I doubt anyone cares about valorant, sadly.  I'm just glad someone here plays some online mp. :heatrt:

I get it breh, you're a CS fanboy. Thats totally ok. But as someone whos more of a casual player when it comes to MP games, I just find Valorant to be more fun overall.

Just now, Twinblade said:

I get it breh, you're a CS fanboy. Thats totally ok. But as someone whos more of a casual player when it comes to MP games, I just find Valorant to be more fun overall.

lol I am :D  yea, I also get it. Have fun, it's definitely not a bad game since they copied a lot of the good stuff from CS and added their own spice.