Disco Elysium "Jamais Vu" Switch update significantly improves loading between screens/areas

The Final Cut – Ver. 1.04 (Jamais Vu Update)

• New secret achievements – time to hunt!
  • Multiple fixes for crashes
  • Gigantic load time optimisations when switching scenes
  • Tons of minor bug fixes all across the game
  • Has Kim always been this hot?

Holy crap.. it's impressive how much they improved it.  But I gotta say, that was WAYYYYY too long to begin with.  I couldn't imagine playing the game like that with those load times.  Thankfully it's fixed now for those who are playing it on Switch.

Which you should do if you haven't played it.  It's a great game.

A great game? I think it's a masterpiece in writing. The way the character inner thoughts talk to you is insanely good. 

Just the part where the character sees himself in the mirror for the first time had me bursting out in tears laughing while managing to be highly disturbing at the same time. Just like anything else in this crazy ass game. It's a special game but it's also not for everyone.

I need to play it again someday. 

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, Ramza said:

A great game? I think it's a masterpiece in writing. The way the character inner thoughts talk to you is insanely good. 

Just the part where the character sees himself in the mirror for the first time had me bursting out in tears laughing while managing to be highly disturbing at the same time. Just like anything else in this crazy ass game. It's a special game but it's also not for everyone.

I need to play it again someday. 

Haha yea, it's awesome... but as you said, definitely not for everyone.

They've made a lot of improvements to the game on all platforms.  I played it on PC a long time ago, then I went back to see what changed after the The Final Cut update and it was like a brand new game.

• Upvote 1
3 minutes ago, Remij said:

Haha yea, it's awesome... but as you said, definitely not for everyone.

They've made a lot of improvements to the game on all platforms.  I played it on PC a long time ago, then I went back to see what changed after the The Final Cut update and it was like a brand new game.

I haven't played it either since the mega update. I think they added more voice acting if I'm not mistaken?

Still, what a crazy ass game. What a hangover. lmao :disco:

• Like 1
11 minutes ago, Ramza said:

I haven't played it either since the mega update. I think they added more voice acting if I'm not mistaken?

Still, what a crazy ass game. What a hangover. lmao :disco:

Yep they did.  And yea, what awesome characters.

This should be a smiley lol  disc22233.png

• Like 1