Eating meat is white male supremacy

1 hour ago, Mr. Impossible said:

So basically your entire train of thought is reactions to random wokisms right you find in your alt right flipboard? 

I'd love to know your opinion on this speech rather than what you think I'm thinking. 

"Bu bu teh alt write derp"

Edited by Cooke
1 hour ago, Cooke said:

I'd love to know your opinion on this speech rather than what you think I'm thinking. 

"Bu bu teh alt write derp"

For one, this is not a speech. It's a red meat (no pun intended) smash cut meant for morons to share on Facebook and Twitter. So you're either being stupid or dishonest when you say you want to know what people think about what she said. 

2 minutes ago, Mr. Impossible said:

For one, this is not a speech. It's a red meat (no pun intended) smash cut meant for morons to share on Facebook and Twitter. So you're either being stupid or dishonest when you say you want to know what people think about what she said. 

This is literally in front of the British parliament. 

6 hours ago, Mr. Impossible said:

What does this have to do with what I said? Is this her speech in it's entirety or is a smash cuts of stuff meant to make idiots like you upset? 

Would you like to watch the whole thing? It is fucking bonkers. 

Here you go 

2 hours ago, Cooke said:

Would you like to watch the whole thing? It is fucking bonkers. 

Here you go 

I already did and it's not bonkers at all. I think the comparison is too extreme but there is a viable point of humans assuming dominion over all wild life on the planet. Her view isn't fringe when you not only listen but at least attempt to parse what she's saying. I think she went way too far in her parallels and they were a tad tasteless. 

The 13 minutes video does give greater context than your proud boy bait. Like it's absurd that you just won't be honest about why you posted this in the first place. 

However it's not like it's a completely bizarre concept that nations assume they can control the fates of others who are less powerful or developed. There is a colonial mindset that at a base level. 

She also calls out "woke" people involved with the meat trade as well. Pointing out the hypocrisy of their actions. Her point that despite most cultures eating meat and seeing animals as lesser creatures, they are people who would attempt to save an animal in immediate danger that they wouldn't do for a plant. 

I don't think you're dumb just because you say stupid shit but also because you have an extremely binary thought process. You're always looking for people to condemn or commend something as if more than one thing can be right or complex issues can only have two opposing options with nothing in between. 

Too many of you have a systemwars mentality about everything. 

1 hour ago, Mr. Impossible said:

I already did and it's not bonkers at all. I think the comparison is too extreme but there is a viable point of humans assuming dominion over all wild life on the planet. Her view isn't fringe when you not only listen but at least attempt to parse what she's saying. I think she went way too far in her parallels and they were a tad tasteless. 

The 13 minutes video does give greater context than your proud boy bait. Like it's absurd that you just won't be honest about why you posted this in the first place. 

However it's not like it's a completely bizarre concept that nations assume they can control the fates of others who are less powerful or developed. There is a colonial mindset that at a base level. 

She also calls out "woke" people involved with the meat trade as well. Pointing out the hypocrisy of their actions. Her point that despite most cultures eating meat and seeing animals as lesser creatures, they are people who would attempt to save an animal in immediate danger that they wouldn't do for a plant. 

I don't think you're dumb just because you say stupid shit but also because you have an extremely binary thought process. You're always looking for people to condemn or commend something as if more than one thing can be right or complex issues can only have two opposing options with nothing in between. 

Too many of you have a systemwars mentality about everything. 

Humans are omnivores. We have eaten meat since the beginning.  There is nothing sexist, racist, or any other kind of ist about it. Should we eat less meat? Probably, should we eat less as a whole? Absolutely.  The framing of the conversation is not going to win anyone over who wasn't already a vegetarian or vegan. 

52 minutes ago, Cooke said:

Humans are omnivores. We have eaten meat since the beginning. 

Again, I eat meat. But factory farming also isn't a part of nature. Animals eat other animals but there's a food chain and sustainable predator/prey balance. Lions don't have freezers in their basement full of gazelles. 

There's a great abundance of over consumption and waste that should at least be discussed. Humans can also choose to not be omnivores, like I don't agree with everyone being vegetarian but your reasoning is still dumb. 

There is nothing sexist, racist, or any other kind of ist about it.

Layered conversations like this is difficult for and with people like you who are bigots and don't realize it. 

The second reason I disagree with her going this route is your type is ready to fight when a white man isn't being deified or portrayed a hero. It's an overly simplified yet some how complex way of talking about the human psyche. In simple woke speak she's talking about priveledge. Which much of history has favored men, and white men the most. It's way too complicated and very loaded to just be throwing into a debate about food but I see it. 

Should we eat less meat? Probably, should we eat less as a whole? Absolutely.  The framing of the conversation is not going to win anyone over who wasn't already a vegetarian or vegan. 

So you have a problem with someone saying something you at least half way belive in but hate the way they said. Interesting. Like I said, if progressives played the far right card of telling people they are beloved patriotic hero angels fighting Satan's army on Earth they might pay attention like they do the repugnant, low information, red meat drivel of the right.