PlayStation subscription service “Spartacus” looks to rival NSO, not Gamepass

Speaking on his premium Giantbomb show Grubbsnax (paywalled, transcribed by VGC), VentureBeat's Jeff Grubb claimed to have obtained new information on Sony's yet-to-be-announced subscription service.

"It's probably getting pretty close to this actually launching, something's probably going to happen by the end of this month and I don't think that necessarily means publicly, I think in terms of the internal milestone of where the service needs to be," Grubb said.

According to the journalist, Spartacus will be comprised of three tiers priced at up to $16 a month.

"Right now they are called 'essential', 'extra' and 'premium'," Grubb claimed. "The pricing, again could be a placeholder, but the pricing is $10 a month for essential, $13 a month for extra and $16 a month for premium."

"For premium, $16 a month… do you get full games? Not really, kinda… it's like EA Play. You get full game trials. I don't know if that's for every single game that comes out, but it seems like that."

Grubb continued: "You also get classic games and streaming, none of the other tiers will have cloud streaming, you also get classic games."

He then expanded: "I don't know what classic games means, but I do know that it's a major part of this premium tier.

"For the extra tier, you get a 'downloadable game catalogue'" which Grubb has heard includes over "250, 300 games, something like that."

Edited by ghostz
  • Tears of the Cows changed the title to PlayStation subscription service “Spartacus” looks to rival NSO, not Gamepass