So the RE games got their next gen updates along with RT, right?

And it's actually pretty damn good.  I've been trying them out on PC, and the RT makes a huge difference in RE2 with the main police station hall.. and there's lots of other little flourishes as well if you know where to look.

Anyway, this thread isn't really about the RT implementation... it's about the fact that the loading times are MASSIVELY improved over what they were before!  I tested it on both my PC and my Steam Deck.  Here's the results:

PC = ~3 sec

Deck = ~6 sec

That's sooo much faster than it was before this update.  Game runs beautifully on the Deck too! (DXVK doesn't have RT support yet though)  In that vid I'm running 1080p 30fps locked with a mix of high and low settings.  The capture isn't the best quality because I'm using a cheap ass USB capture card, but it's serviceable.

One thing about this update that I don't understand though is that in RE7... they apparently didn't replace the Chris model at the end of that game with the new updated one in RE8.  It would have been the perfect opportunity to fix that inconsistency... but they just didn't lol..  Oh well.