Lies of P gameplay overview trailer

• Twinblade★ changed the title to Lies of P gameplay overview trailer

this is looks awesome. i don't care how much it takes from the soulsborne games (rally, boss summons, stagger, +10 upgrade system, etc.). it looks ownage af. if i get home early enough tonight, i'll give the demo a whirl. too many long work days lately.

• Upvote 1
2 hours ago, -GD-X said:

this is looks awesome. i don't care how much it takes from the soulsborne games (rally, boss summons, stagger, +10 upgrade system, etc.). it looks ownage af. if i get home early enough tonight, i'll give the demo a whirl. too many long work days lately.

You definitely can't just treat the combat like a regular Souls-like when you start playing though. I was getting my ass handed to me and I think it was because I was trying to be defensive and blocking a lot (which actually drains your health). You have to prioritize being offensive with this combat system.

• Upvote 1
14 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

You definitely can't just treat the combat like a regular Souls-like when you start playing though. I was getting my ass handed to me and I think it was because I was trying to be defensive and blocking a lot (which actually drains your health). You have to prioritize being offensive with this combat system.

how is the dodging? i ended up 2 handing my weapons in Bloodborne.

11 minutes ago, -GD-X said:

how is the dodging? i ended up 2 handing my weapons in Bloodborne.

The distance of the dodge is quite limited, and with the sweeping attacks the enemies have when you do dodge you often have to make use of the iframes to avoid being hit. However, the window for the iframes isn't as generous as in the Souls games either, so thats another thing to watch out for.

Just now, Twinblade said:

The distance of the dodge is quite limited, and with the sweeping attacks the enemies have when you do dodge you often have to make use of the iframes to avoid being hit. However, the window for the iframes isn't as generous as in the Souls games either, so thats another thing to watch out for.

fuuuu....i'm sure i'll still dig it.

I played a little of the demo. The controls feel pretty great (performance mode), at least with the strength build. I don’t want to play too much because I want to be surprised when I play the final game. But I’m soooo on board. 

• Upvote 1
24 minutes ago, -GD-X said:

I played a little of the demo. The controls feel pretty great (performance mode), at least with the strength build. I don’t want to play too much because I want to be surprised when I play the final game. But I’m soooo on board. 

Awesome that you like it :smoke: While i've enjoyed many Souls-likes including Steelrising and Mortal Shell, I think Lies of P has the potential to be the best one yet.

• aitch 1