Evil West is very underated

10 hours ago, Sabo said:

Ehh, I thought it was pretty average as most Western made Action games tend to be.

Sabotage has spoken. It's a confirmed flop. 

Is it a decent pick up at a cheap price though? 

6 hours ago, Ramza said:

Sabotage has spoken. It's a confirmed flop. 

Is it a decent pick up at a cheap price though? 

Oh, don't get me wrong, it's not terrible and it has some cool ideas. I just don't think the game is underrated like Aza seems to think. 

It's just Western made Action games always tend to lack a bit in the fundamental department. If the fundamentals aren't solid then everything built on top of it is always going to feel off. I'm a Action game snob though so I'm harder to please than most people. Things that I perceive as shortcomings probably won't bother everyone else as much.

If you can get the game for around 30-40 bucks then yeah, it's worth checking out at that price. It's nowhere close to top tier Action games or even high tier level and is more comparable to mid-tier stuff. Go in expecting something on a No More Heroes or Gunvalkyrie tier.

Edited by Sabo
  • Upvote 1
On 2023-08-11 at 1:55 AM, Sabo said:

Oh, don't get me wrong, it's not terrible and it has some cool ideas. I just don't think the game is underrated like Aza seems to think. 

It's just Western made Action games always tend to lack a bit in the fundamental department. If the fundamentals aren't solid then everything built on top of it is always going to feel off. I'm a Action game snob though so I'm harder to please than most people. Things that I perceive as shortcomings probably won't bother everyone else as much.

If you can get the game for around 30-40 bucks then yeah, it's worth checking out at that price. It's nowhere close to top tier Action games or even high tier level and is more comparable to mid-tier stuff. Go in expecting something on a No More Heroes or Gunvalkyrie tier.

30-40? I was thinking 20. When I say cheap, I mean it. 

I also detect the American action games jank, I know exactly what mean but these days I don't care much. A game can redeem itself in other ways. NMH is a good example of Japanese jank but still remain a fun game.

Though I played Dante's Inferno recently and It's not even that bad American jank to be fair but there are some questionable mechanic choices though, I thought the combat was really fucking boring and stupid. Nothing could have redeemed it in my eyes so I guess there's gameplay I won't stomach from time to time. It's just like a bad clone of God of War and gosh, I always considered old school GoW to be pretty bad to begin with.