Starfield: the actual game (no trolling - only post if you are playing the game)

Now that morons and pirates have the game, can we talk about the actual content rather than its impact on the system war?

I just made it to the character creation, and it's a fucking mess. Every hairstyle looks stupid af. There's 4 different aging male badness patterns, including one that looks fully homeless. Meanwhile the feminine styles are pulled straight from Fallout 4. None of the cuts go below the chin. You can't just have a woman with straight black hair for example.

The body shape slider can only produce mutants. The "thin" marker is a close to normal-looking as it gets. Heavy has a boomer cop physique. Everything else just looks wrong. If you're trying to make a woman, it's A-cups only. The only curves it can produce are in the gut.

• -GD-X★ changed the title to Starfield: the actual game (no trolling - only post if you are playing the game)

Lol nobody's playing it. I'll say it feels good to play on PC. My laptop 3060 with gsync is very smooth. All the gameplay elements are a step up for Bethesda. There's a lot of shooting and it's generally good. Early ship combat seems basic but still exciting.

By far the worst part of the game is planetary navigation and generally too many load screens. If you're leaving a planet, you'll have to load to the grounded ship, load to take off, load to get close to the next destination, load to actually land/dock, load again to step off the ship into "real" gameplay.

So far I haven't done anything too awesome. My first real mission since I had any freedom is just to travel to some dim star system and murder a bunch of goons. This was just like a money-making thing and I am making money, so that's cool.

I know I've gotta stop playing and get back to BG3, but I do want to at least see what Starfield has to offer before stopping. The first few hours seem like a worthy new AAA entry.