Why do people consider DOA to be a shallow fighter?

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You just said the counter system is too complex,  therefore the game is simple. You're a fucking retard,  unaware you're a fucking retard.  No doubt,  you fucking suck at this game,  AND YOU HAVEN'T E

LAWL, its a button masher. The gameplay is fast. Too fast for a fighter, anybody can just randomly press a button just mash it, and you'll win. And with the counter system made more difficult in DoA4,

Damn - this thread owned. TLHBFR.

Hmmm. Tekken can have all the technical crap it forces on the player to make it "teh hardcore" like TEH PRESSURE SENSETIVE BUTTONS. WE WILL MAKE YOU PUSH THIS BUTTON DOWN BUT MAYBE KIND OF HOLD THIS OTHER ONE!

As a FIGHTING game, DOA's FIGHTS look and play a hell of a lot more interesting. Sorry, but sockem rockem robots, who almost look like they're just doing one action at a time - despite all the "deep" crap that goes behind it - just aren't all that entertaining to me.

As far as button mashing and stage damage, it doesn't take a genius to realize Tekken falls victim to this too. Look at the tourneys Eva posted - the opponent literally loses almost all his life if he gets caught on a wall. Button mashing? I have VERY little experience in Tekken, but I can tell you I've button mashed my way into win streaks against people who have played it for years.

It's a fighting game. If you enjoy fluid, fast and fun to watch and play fights, DOA is the choice people who aren't trying to have a cock-war over who's fighter is more complicated will choose.

*But I forgot how pretty DoA's fights were. Someone post more videos. :| I never realized how much more real the fights look in DoA compared to Tekken.

how the fuck did this thread get 400+ replies? :|

doa sucks compared to others but by itself it's not a bad game, just flawed.

Tekken and sf are kings of fighting for 2d and 3d.

It got to 400+ posts because that dumbass Devo posted about dogs in his thread. :|

:|:D:D:D:D LMFAO. Good times. TLHBO. B)

Hmmm. Tekken can have all the technical crap it forces on the player to make it "teh hardcore" like TEH PRESSURE SENSETIVE BUTTONS. WE WILL MAKE YOU PUSH THIS BUTTON DOWN BUT MAYBE KIND OF HOLD THIS OTHER ONE!

As a FIGHTING game, DOA's FIGHTS look and play a hell of a lot more interesting. Sorry, but sockem rockem robots, who almost look like they're just doing one action at a time - despite all the "deep" crap that goes behind it - just aren't all that entertaining to me.

As far as button mashing and stage damage, it doesn't take a genius to realize Tekken falls victim to this too. Look at the tourneys Eva posted - the opponent literally loses almost all his life if he gets caught on a wall. Button mashing? I have VERY little experience in Tekken, but I can tell you I've button mashed my way into win streaks against people who have played it for years.

It's a fighting game. If you enjoy fluid, fast and fun to watch and play fights, DOA is the choice people who aren't trying to have a cock-war over who's fighter is more complicated will choose.

*But I forgot how pretty DoA's fights were. Someone post more videos. :| I never realized how much more real the fights look in DoA compared to Tekken.

It's sad that cows think because of "pressure," or "timing" buttons make the game awesome. :|

It's sad that cows think because of "pressure," or "timing" buttons make the game awesome. :|

By the way, Low's post pretty much summed everything up. If you think Tekken isn't a button masher, you're an idiot and you deserve to be hit by a baseball bat. :|

Carver isn't hardcore enough. :|

No, just not a disgusting freak. :|

You have no taste. Go eat more fast food, maybe you'll turn into your beloved Carver. :|

Maybe I can find fast-food dog meat.