The trailer for Jordan Peele’s new movie Us (ownage af)

2 minutes ago, -GD- said:

i don't think there's going to be as much of a racial message as Get Out. my theories:

1. "5 on it" - 5th family member?  maybe one died in a fire (the scarring)

2. the bunnies. i still think there's a sci-fi element here. perhaps, this is a failed experiment to rewrite their lives (getting past a tragic event?)...and the family "in danger"-  is the actual cloned one, while the creepy one represents the memories/egos being suppressed. 

i have a few more. but i want to carefully think them out. 

Peele confirmed that it will be a "social thriller", so it's going to have overarching message about society.  Whether or not race factors into that message remains to be seen, but given the imagery, it's a safe bet.

2 minutes ago, McWicked said:

Peele confirmed that it will be a "social thriller", so it's going to have overarching message about society.  Whether or not race factors into that message remains to be seen, but given the imagery, it's a safe bet.

well, i think society feels the need to conform to, or project, a "best life". take facebook aka facadebook, for example.  it's all a manufactured narrative. everybody is smiling in their pictures, and everything seems perfect - which is usually the opposite of what's really going on. also, i don't think jordan wants to abuse the "white man is out to get the black man" theme. so, maybe it's just their personal battle to appear to be a "happy" family, or to fit in. and their inner demons are rebelling. 

last theory: what if this symbolizes that the black man is his own worst enemy.  you have more black-on-black violence than white-on-black violence. and maybe the 5th person (i'm convinced there was a 5th person in the family) was killed in a drive-by shooting. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bet.com/celebrities/exclusives/jordan-peele-us-trailer.amp.html

“Very important for me was to have a Black family at the center of a horror film,” he says. “It’s also important to note that this movie is not about race.  It is instead about something I feel has become an undeniable truth. That is the simple fact that we are our own worst enemies.”

7 hours ago, -GD- said:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bet.com/celebrities/exclusives/jordan-peele-us-trailer.amp.html

“Very important for me was to have a Black family at the center of a horror film,” he says. “It’s also important to note that this movie is not about race.  It is instead about something I feel has become an undeniable truth. That is the simple fact that we are our own worst enemies.”

That settles the race angle.  Now I gotta wonder what the meta is.  If Peele knocks this one out of the park, he's going on my list of favorite directors.

• Upvote 1
7 minutes ago, McWicked said:

That settles the race angle.  Now I gotta wonder what the meta is.  If Peele knocks this one out of the park, he's going on my list of favorite directors.

well, i know this is a project he's always wanted to do, so i'm pumped. and i agree! get out was probably my favorite film of 2017, so my body is ready for this!