Metro Exodus PC requirements

1 minute ago, Jon2B said:

4k PC gaming is stupid expensive 

Not really.  It's maxed out...  We all know that many gfx options are resource draining with little to no visual difference.  Running the game at console quality settings gives you a huge performance boost in most games.   You have to compare them fairly.  Your 2060 will play probably any game out at 4K 30fps with console settings.  That's a $350 gpu.  The 970 plays a lot of games at 4K/30 just fine.  Digital Foundry even has a series dedicate to running 4K on a budget.

It's pretty much in line with consoles. :shrug: 

5 hours ago, Remij_ said:

Not really.  It's maxed out...  We all know that many gfx options are resource draining with little to no visual difference.  Running the game at console quality settings gives you a huge performance boost in most games.   You have to compare them fairly.  Your 2060 will play probably any game out at 4K 30fps with console settings.  That's a $350 gpu.  The 970 plays a lot of games at 4K/30 just fine.  Digital Foundry even has a series dedicate to running 4K on a budget.

It's pretty much in line with consoles. :shrug: 

But there is no point to play at 30fps on PC at Xbox settings . Those games I'll just play on Xbox 

5 hours ago, Jon2B said:

But there is no point to play at 30fps on PC at Xbox settings . Those games I'll just play on Xbox 

Well you're not going to get 2x the performance and better looking effects at a console level price...

There's lots of games on PC that aren't on Xbox... and eventually... you'll learn to ditch the xbox and just play on PC :] 

26 minutes ago, Jon2B said:

Xbox is a better experience . And I use it for a set top box as well .

Lol having some massive loud PC in your living room . No thanks .

I'll never go full PC 

Xbox sucks :D 

And you don't need some massive dell in your living room.  You can fit full sized gpus into small form factor cases these days.  Literally the size of an Xbox One OG.

And who could possibly believe you?  You said you weren't going to buy a new PC before... then you did.  You said you weren't going to play games on it... you are.  You said that you weren't going to upgrade it... and you have..already.

By mid next-gen, the transformation will be complete :blessed: 

20 minutes ago, Remij_ said:

Xbox sucks :D 

And you don't need some massive dell in your living room.  You can fit full sized gpus into small form factor cases these days.  Literally the size of an Xbox One OG.

And who could possibly believe you?  You said you weren't going to buy a new PC before... then you did.  You said you weren't going to play games on it... you are.  You said that you weren't going to upgrade it... and you have..already.

By mid next-gen, the transformation will be complete :blessed: 

I bought DQ and Yakuza and signed up for a month  of ea access . Lmao .

I use my Xbox a fuck ton more .

55 minutes ago, Jon2B said:

I bought DQ and Yakuza and signed up for a month  of ea access . Lmao .

I use my Xbox a fuck ton more .

:mj: 

7 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

Those requirements are ridiculous....im sure the differences in visuals between this and the console version will be minor. I defnitely shouldn't need a i7 and 2070 to run it on high.

You wont need that.  They've been listing high end parts as recommended specs for a long time.  You can basically disregard the CPU and RAM listed completely.

You've been around the block, you know this shit Twinblade...

1 minute ago, Remij_ said:

You wont need that.  They've been listing high end parts as recommended specs for a long time.  You can basically disregard the CPU and RAM listed completely.

This is so true it hurts. And I'm one of the  few people who's rocking an I5 2500k. It gets the job done for current games but isn't even listed as a minimum requirement. 

My PC is a beast. B)

• Upvote 1

lol I didn't expect your approval for that rempee. I have to say even with old hardware everything is playable and that's amazing. But I look forward to build a new PC from scratch. 

I could run the new metro no doubt but my CPU will be on life support running this game, not to mention GPU bottleneck. 

I was saying it's possible to run these games with old hardware.

also RAM requirements are fucked. 8gb isn't nearly enough nowadays. :mjcry: 

Edited by kaz

Also high settings a few years ago became medium settings. Ultra settings in games are usually a performance killer. I will never go for that, I will aim for high settings.

Edited by kaz
27 minutes ago, Remij_ said:

mind giving me some examples then? Most of the recent games i’ve played have had much more accurate requirements (like RE2 and BFV) and unsurprisingly I have no problem running them at max settings.

5 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

mind giving me some examples then? Most of the recent games i’ve played have had much more accurate requirements (like RE2 and BFV) and unsurprisingly I have no problem running them at max settings.

Isn't that what he said? The requirements are always blown out of proportions. Your rig is better than mine but I still can play both games you mentioned at an acceptable graphics quality and framerate. 

Requirements listed are always "rigged" lol. I will never trust them. If I get new hardware now and use that for 5 years+ I will not care if my CPU is outdated at that point because it will still be able to run the games.

Edited by kaz
32 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

lol RE2 remake runs on a potato...

Official Minimum required specs:

Resident Evil 2 Remake Minimum Spec PC Requirements

• Processor: Intel Core i5-4460, 2.70GHz or AMD FX-6300 or better 
  • Memory: 8 GB RAM 
  • Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 760 or AMD Radeon R7 260x with 2GB Video RAM 
  • DirectX: Version 11

GPD Win 2 CPU specs:

• Intel Core™ m3-7y30 (1.00 GHz/2.60 GHz max) TDP 15W
  • lntel HD Graphics 615 
  • 6 inches H-IPS Technology 
  • 8GB Memory 
  • M.2 SSD 128GB, Replaceable, No Capacity Ceiling 
  • 162×99×25mm 
  • ABS + Aluminum alloy 
  • 2×4900mAh, In Series 
  • About 6~8 hours of battery life, it should depend on the actual working conditions