Is there an ANIME similar to [shows/movies in op] in terms of atmosphere?

ergo proxy :bow: 

the darker and black sequels (even tho they not as good as the original series)

gantz  (the anime is shit, but the manga is godlike :bow:

serial experiment lain

monster 

ghost in the shell

akira movie

aeon flux

texhnolyze :bow: 

im missing a few, it depends on what you like. If you like gore or not

Edited by kaz
  • Like 1

@kaz

you got me excited writing sequelS but there's one and the OVA which I've seen. I wish there was another sequel

I love both gantz 3d movie and the anime 

sorry I should have said NEW anime, you're listing a lot of good but oldies

and in terms of gore, I'm fine with stuff like Elfen Lied minus the depressing stuff

Edited by zwarior
5 hours ago, zwarior said:

@kaz

you got me excited writing sequelS but there's one and the OVA which I've seen. I wish there was another sequel

I love both gantz 3d movie and the anime 

sorry I should have said NEW anime, you're listing a lot of good but oldies

and in terms of gore, I'm fine with stuff like Elfen Lied minus the depressing stuff

I like Elfen Lied but it's far from depressing. It's just a gore fest. I like it though the story is really cool.

I really recommend the gantz manga. It's by far the best sci-fi mystery story I've ever read. If you watched the 26 episode anime of gantz you will love the manga.

I watched it first and then read it afterwards and I have no words for it because the manga is so much better. The last arc of the anime takes another level in the manga. 

I have to say the story right after the anime finishes is my favourite arc. 

Read the manga, it's available everywhere. Just read that shit from start to finish. It's the only manga I ever read and finished reading it a second time. It's amazing. 

:bow: 

• Thanks 1

I meant the end of the anime is poorly excuted it had to end after 26 episodes but then it really gets interesting. The manga continues the story and is fucking amazing and so dark, I've never seen anything like it. 

Edited by kaz
2 hours ago, kaz said:

I meant the end of the anime is poorly excuted it had to end after 26 episodes but then it really gets interesting. The manga continues the story and is fucking amazing and so dark, I've never seen anything like it. 

the anime has no proper end and that was the most annoying thing ever. Hard to get into comic book / manga, but i'll trust your word for it

• Like 1
1 hour ago, zwarior said:

the anime has no proper end and that was the most annoying thing ever. Hard to get into comic book / manga, but i'll trust your word for it

Trust me. The anime is really close to the manga but the ending is different in the anime. The manga keeps going at that point and if you read the manga you will know exactly the point where the anime stops.

And then it's literally the best story arc I've ever read. Like I said the manga is long but it is the only one I finished reading twice. And now I'm thinking about reading it all over again. 

Gantz manga is the best sci-fi story I ever read. 

also it was the first manga I ever read. My advice listen to some ost from games/anime/movies that set the tone. Like darkish or mysterious. Whatever you like. 

I read the whole story for the first time with like 20 tracks or so. (ghost in the shell ost etc. whatever you like).

The key is to have recurring tracks which makes feel comfortable with characters etc. and ofc all the shit that happens. 

It's the only manga I've ever read. It's amazing. I want to get into other mangas but I'm really picky at this point. I want dark sci-fi like this.

I'm repeating myself, just read that shit it's really good and dark. holy shit.

Edited by kaz
  • Thanks 1
19 hours ago, zwarior said:

holy shit, that might really help me reading comics/manga in general :spin:

what did you think of the 3D movie?

didn't see it.