Oninaki Character reveal trailer & Interview with Takashi Tokita (Creative Producer, Chrono Trigger director)

PS4/Switch/Steam

rEsd.png

sEsd.png

tEsd.png

uEsd.png

vEsd.png

Can you tell us more about how the gameplay differs from the previous two titles?
TT:I believe there are two major differences: the first one is changing system’s genre from old-school turn-based RPG to action RPG.

The other one is the shift in visual presentation; we went from creating stylized visuals that give the impression of an old-school game to creating unique visuals that are vivid and full of originality. We put in the extra effort especially in the way we used colors in the background and effects that embody the world setting of the game, in order to establish an art style that can only be achieved by Oninaki.
Hashimoto-san, can you please tell us more about who Kagachi is?
AH: Kagachi is the protagonist of this title, and he’s a man of few words who is very cool and collected. From our perspective, you may think he’s aloof and dispassionate. However, according to the lore of this universe, the people are taught not to feel sad even when facing the death of a loved one. They believe that if they feel sad, that sorrow will keep the deceased captive and they won’t be able to reincarnate and their beliefs consider strong emotions to be a bad thing. As such, people like Kagachi are not necessarily a rare case.
Is there a reason he has different colored eyes?
AH: The design definitely plays a strong part in the decision, but there is a lore-related reason behind this as well. That being said, if I were to talk about it at this time, I might just spoil the fun for everyone. (laughs)