I fucking love Control. Probably my GOTY over RE2 Remake.

This game is so fucking badass.  I don't know what to say other than I really enjoy just playing it and the combat and options you have.  I love how the character controls in this one, which is admittedly just a tighter version of Quantum Break.

It definitely has it's problems though.  There's aspects that could be done a lot better.  In certain ways the budget of the game really shows... but god damn could you imagine if Remedy had a bigger team with a bigger budget?

I really like this IP and I really hope they get the chance to build upon this.  A proper next gen Control 2 could be mindblowing.  The physics shit in this game is just incredible lol.

I only play on PC via GamePass for PC, so I'm waiting until Microsoft can strike a deal to get this on there.

In the meantime, I have BlackWater Backgammon, quiddage 2017, JackBox Party Pack 2, and Sea of Thieves to tide me over.

Strong Female Protagonist with red hair definitely puts this in the running for GOTY though, but Gears 5 should top it.

Just now, MSJW said:

I only play on PC via GamePass for PC, so I'm waiting until Microsoft can strike a deal to get this on there.

In the meantime, I have BlackWater Backgammon, quiddage 2017, JackBox Party Pack 2, and Sea of Thieves to tide me over.

Strong Female Protagonist with red hair definitely puts this in the running for GOTY though, but Gears 5 should top it.

We should mutually consent to participate in Gears 5 together.  Oh!! Maybe we could 3 way with another like minded party?????   The more the merrier. :hi5:

Phil should just cancel Halo Infinite and put all of the funds towards securing games like these into gamepass. There's no need to invest into another toxic WM-protagonist game, though I trust 343 won't let master chief steal all the spotlight!

Scalebound was thankfully cancelled so we could get more 'appropriate' titles like Bleeding Edge. Bleeding Edge can be the new COD4 for this generation's Xbox (And PC!) gamer! :glad: 

Just now, madmaltese said:

Still need to play a lot more to make my final judgement but it is very good. Probably not to the level you're describing for me but by far Remedy's best game since Max Payne franchise. 

Yea, it's definitely their best game since Max Payne.

I fully understand this game has it's flaws though.  More than anything else what I'm hoping for is that Remedy gets the chance to build on this.. because the core of what they have here is really good.

1 minute ago, Remij_ said:

Yea, it's definitely their best game since Max Payne.

I fully understand this game has it's flaws though.  More than anything else what I'm hoping for is that Remedy gets the chance to build on this.. because the core of what they have here is really good.

Yeah they definitely have the core, especially in the gameplay aspect. Game is an absolute blast to play and feels great. What they've managed to do with such restrictions is amazing. More than just the bigger budget they also need the bigger push. I know you don't want them to get picked up by Sony cause it probably means no PC versions, but Sony really supports and promotes their first party games. Remedy need a shot at having a heavily backed game. 

• Upvote 1
1 minute ago, JONBpc said:

They should. Remedy decided against HDR for photo mode. fuck that.

They need some more budget, sony will give that to them.

I don't think they decided against HDR for a photo mode.  I think that any "HDR" they try to pull off after the fact... since the game wasn't designed with it in mind... would just be a shitty implementation anyway.  They know it.. and so do tech minded people.  Thus I'd rather them focus on improving performance in the console versions as well as QoL improvements to the map.

Just now, Remij_ said:

I don't think they decided against HDR for a photo mode.  I think that any "HDR" they try to pull off after the fact... since the game wasn't designed with it in mind... would just be a shitty implementation anyway.  They know it.. and so do tech minded people.  Thus I'd rather them focus on improving performance in the console versions as well as QoL improvements to the map.

They said they choose photo mode over HDR because of budget.

1 minute ago, madmaltese said:

Yeah they definitely have the core, especially in the gameplay aspect. Game is an absolute blast to play and feels great. What they've managed to do with such restrictions is amazing. More than just the bigger budget they also need the bigger push. I know you don't want them to get picked up by Sony cause it probably means no PC versions, but Sony really supports and promotes their first party games. Remedy need a shot at having a heavily backed game. 

I don't think Sony buying them up necessarily means no PC versions anymore.

Just now, madmaltese said:

Yep.  I fully agree and I know that would be the case.

In a way though.. I just don't want it to happen because it needs to be shown that these types of games can be successful without the backing of a huge publisher who will spend more money on marketing than budget for the actual game itself.

I'm being a bit hypocritical and selfish though because I believe the same thing about Ninja Theory with Hellblade.  I had no problem with MS scooping them up lol.

Ideally though.. the publisher who took a chance on this game and Remedy should be able to grow and become more successful.

Oh well, whatever happens happens.

2 minutes ago, JONBpc said:

They said they choose photo mode over HDR because of budget.

They said that... but I don't believe it.  They really chose it because the game wasn't designed for it and to implement it now would just be a waste.  It wouldn't be worth the effort.. and they'd get slammed for it.  Of course, people would actually fool themselves into believing it looked better... like many of the games before which aren't even actually HDR.. but claim to be.

If a game isn't developed for it from the ground up... devs shouldn't bother trying to implement it.  I 100% think that devs SHOULD be developing all games going forward with it in mind.. but unfortunately Control missed the boat.

Who knows though... maybe if the game does extremely well.. they might decide to do it to appease those who want it.

4 minutes ago, Remij_ said:

We should mutually consent to participate in Gears 5 together.  Oh!! Maybe we could 3 way with another like minded party?????   The more the merrier. :hi5:

Add my XBL GT: YasQueenSlay

I don't own an Xbox Console, I play on Windows 10 @ low settings so preferably you would have to host.

My boyfriend Tyrone can play 3rd fiddle, he loves xbox (& also only plays on win10). :glad: 

• Haha 1
4 minutes ago, JONBpc said:

I don't think Sony buying them up necessarily means no PC versions anymore.

It most definitely does for a Remedy game. Unless they decide to make some MP shooter. 

2 minutes ago, Remij_ said:

Yep.  I fully agree and I know that would be the case.

In a way though.. I just don't want it to happen because it needs to be shown that these types of games can be successful without the backing of a huge publisher who will spend more money on marketing than budget for the actual game itself.

I'm being a bit hypocritical and selfish though because I believe the same thing about Ninja Theory with Hellblade.  I had no problem with MS scooping them up lol.

Ideally though.. the publisher who took a chance on this game and Remedy should be able to grow and become more successful.

Oh well, whatever happens happens.

It's a sad fact though that marketing works. Marketing can sell pure shit if done right. I think Remedy is at the level where we know that at worst they will make a solid AA title but now they need to push that the Max Payne franchise use to get under Rockstar. Plus we know that Sony would also spend significantly on the actual game development itself too plus would open them up to the resources and knowledge of fellow Sony first party teams. 

Ninja Theory is an interesting one because they have had the bigger push and bigger budget and so far they have shone brighter when focusing on something smaller. So will be interesting to see what happens under MS, although I feel they will continue in the smaller sized titles now also. 

Just now, MSJW said:

Add my XBL GT: YasQueenSlay

I don't own an Xbox Console, I play on Windows 10 @ low settings so preferably you would have to host.

My boyfriend Tyrone can play 3rd fiddle, he loves xbox (& also only plays on win10). :glad: 

Added.

If you ever need to troubleshoot, send me a message and I can help you through it.  My AIM is "RawDogRem" :whip: