Why the increase in performance of Nvidia’s Ampere could be quite enormous - Igor's Lab

https://www.igorslab.de/en/why-the-increase-in-performance-of-nvidias-ampere-could-be-quite-enormous-the-board-partners-must-already-now-enter-the-practice-phase-igorslab-investigative/

First off, this guy isn't just a nobody.. Igor writes and contributes to many of the top tech sites, and is extremely knowledgeable in hardware components and all that.  This guy is basically as legit as it gets.

Basically what his article goes on about is that Nvidia already has board partners testing circuitry and components of new boards with 2080ti dies.  This comes at a cost to the company, but indicates that there's going to be massive improvements to the PCB and circuitry so that they have to test.  He says that Nvidia wouldn't impose this if there weren't significant changes required for the new hardware.  He says that some of the board manufacturing companies might not even have the required technology for mass production yet.

Basically this method utilizes a "backdrill" method for creating signal paths through multi-layered PCBs.  The method itself isn't new, but creates a more complex aspect to the PCB production.  Basically, it improves efficiency and signal integrity.  So what this basically alludes to is that Nvidia is going to be pushing frequencies (memory and die) high... so much that board partners have to be tested in advance to make sure they are ready for the change.

This quote right here says it all...

And I think it’s also the first time that board partners have been trained and tested in this way in advance. So we can expect something really fast, that’s for sure. It doesn’t really matter whether it’s the 50% that is really circulated, or whether we are looking for a compromise between increasing performance and reducing power consumption. Such pull-ups to ensure a successful market launch are only done if you really have something presentable in your pocket. That’s a fact.

Looks like Nvidia ain't playing around :whew: 

I was counting on two things:

-CD Projekt Red delays Cyberpunk2077 to the second half of 2020

-nVIdia releases a new line of GPUs in 2020, and hopefully it is more than just a refresh of the 20xx line.

Looks like things are playing out exactly the way I was hoping back around mid-2018.:fblike:

2 minutes ago, jehurey said:

I was counting on two things:

-CD Projekt Red delays Cyberpunk2077 to the second half of 2020

-nVIdia releases a new line of GPUs in 2020, and hopefully it is more than just a refresh of the 20xx line.

Looks like things are playing out exactly the way I was hoping back around mid-2018.:fblike:

Well, I think anyone could have called a CP2077 delay, as well as new Nvidia GPUs in 2020... but glad it's working out for you lol :fblike: 

17 minutes ago, JONBpc said:

Sounds like the will fake a limited production to justify price gouging at first .

Not sure how you get that out of anything that has been said... but you are dumb as fuck so...

Sounds like Nvidia is going to scam you again.. and you already know it  :hest: 

Edited by Remij_
  • Haha 1