Sony's method of supporting BC sounds like it's really going to hamper them this coming gen

1 minute ago, lynux3 said:

None. No one has confirmed anything. These new sources all circle back around to the Github leaks as has been the case for the last couple months now. It's not going to matter if PS5 is 36CUs or 500CUs; I just can't get behind the idea of a console having a 2GHz core clock. Seems pretty insane to me. Makes more sense to go higher CU, lower clock. Either way a decent cool system is required because power draw is linear.

It does make more sense to do that.... but Sony couldn't because of their BC :shrug: 

Just now, Remij_ said:

If you say so... but I'm hearing it's not :reg: 

That's because everyone is trying to correlate against the Github regression BC tests and the previous rumor of PS5 being delayed because of BC.

3 minutes ago, lynux3 said:

That's because everyone is trying to correlate against the Github regression BC tests and the previous rumor of PS5 being delayed because of BC.

Ok, but the thing is that we now have Xbox employees who are saying that they KNOW Sony has 36cus..

So if you want to not believe that, then that's fine... but it's no longer correlating against that github leak.. it's its own thing now.

GDC is coming.. we'll know soon enough :shrug: 

Edited by Remij_
Just now, Remij_ said:

Ok, but the thing is that we now have Xbox employees who are saying that they KNOW Sony has 36cus..

So if you want to not believe that, then that's fine... but it's no longer correlating against that github leak.. it's its own thing now.

Right. :tom: