Does anyone have a TCL TV?

Was wondering if they aren't complete shit. I needed a new tv for my bedroom, so I don't care too much about the quality of the thing.

There are next to no TVS left on amazon to even buy lol. I was like whattttt, no TVs?? So TCL it is

Get one, get the warranty, it will break in 1-2 years, and you’ll get a free tv rental until you repeat the cycle forever 

I’ve had 3 tcls break and all within 2 years. But with the warranty... you now get a tv every 2-3 years. The series 8 was on sale for 1k at Best Buy yesterday, now its 1.5k

i have the Qled series 6 in my bedroom. It was 600-700. When it breaks and I get a refund, that 600-700 will net me an even better tv. Or i can spend a few hunnids and get a more top of the line model

but get that warranty, it’s clutch. They’re good tvs... while they work. Roku intergration is awesome

dont get anything less than the series 6 (there’s two versions) Qled, tho

great for gaming too. 

Edited by ghostz

lol its only occasionally gonna be used for Netflix or watching the news before I go to bed. 

It was only 229 for a 43 inch

Edited by JONBpc
Just now, JONBpc said:

lol its only occasionally gonna be used for Netflix or watching the news before I go to bed. 

If you really don’t care about quality, series 4 is probably fine. But again, get the warranty as it WILL break and at least you’ll get a full refund 

Just now, JONBpc said:

Yall be talking about the nice ones, im just getting a cheap one for the BR. Good to see they are decent tvs tho

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/tcl-55-class-led-4-series-2160p-smart-4k-uhd-tv-with-hdr-roku-tv/6319333.p?skuId=6319333&ref=212&loc=1&ref=212&loc=1&gclid=EAIaIQobChMI2JyO-Za06QIVkeeGCh1_cQo6EAQYASABEgJPyPD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

id get that one then probably. With the warranty it’s just a free rental, really 

Edited by ghostz
Just now, ghostz said:

If you really don’t care about quality, series 4 is probably fine. But again, get the warranty as it WILL break and at least you’ll get a full refund 

Its the 2018 model so its probably old

55 to big with how my bedroom is set up. I went with a 43. It is a 4 series.

Pretty sure its the 43 inch version of the one in your link

Edited by JONBpc
2 minutes ago, JONBpc said:

Yall be talking about the nice ones, im just getting a cheap one for the BR. Good to see they are decent tvs tho

I think the 4 series is considered pretty decent for the price range. Shouldn't be anything wrong with just grabbing that for a bedroom TV.

1 minute ago, ghostz said:

You said you don’t care about quality :ben:

the series 5 was worse than the series 4 imo. 

I didn't even research it, it was one of the few left on amazon so I just bought it.

3 minutes ago, -GD- said:

i've heard nothing but great things about their TVs

They are quality tvs but suffer a bit from display lottery (happens with all, just more so tcl) and they aren’t built to last. But my Qled series 6 shits on any other brand at similar price points 

1 minute ago, Hot Sauce said:

I think the 4 series is considered pretty decent for the price range. Shouldn't be anything wrong with just grabbing that for a bedroom TV.

It was only 229 so what the hell . I was gonna get a 32 inch but this one was around the same price.

Just now, ghostz said:

They are quality tvs but suffer a bit from display lottery (happens with all, just more so tcl) and they aren’t built to last. But my Qled series 6 shits on any other brand at similar price points 

I heard they were decent for gaming. 

Just now, ghostz said:

well yeah, tcl is a budget tv

1 minute ago, JONBpc said:

I didn't even research it, it was one of the few left on amazon so I just bought it.

I’ve bought (and retuned) MANY of these TVs. My Best Buy credit card was all fucked up for like 4 months :D 

if you’re not satisfied with it, you may just need to swap it in for another unit. They can be hit or miss 

1 minute ago, ghostz said:

Shoulda got that curbside pick up at BB:whew:

I wasn't sure if they were open or not. Parking lot looked empty last time I went to chickfila