Mafia 1 Remake Gameplay reveal (4K)

Yeah, looks like they've put some real effort and just re-did everything but with entirely new game assets/engine/etc.

There's absolutely nothing re-used from the original, and to tell the truth I don't even remember that Canada country mission when I played it.

I just youtube'd the original mission, and it plays out almost the same, except they padded it out by having you kill everybody and then go back to your truck, and then go and open the closed barn, and just kill enemies again. In the remake, this one plays out a little more logical.  Even the on-rails shooting scene with the cops chasing you was in the original version.

I do have to say, I think the voices of your friends in the remake are noticeably worse choices than the original. In the original, Paulie was very much like a Joe Pesci type of voice, and Sam was like a Robert DeNiro voice. And in here, Paulie sounds rather aggravating, and Sam appears to be a younger person with a scratchy voice.

Really am surprised they're putting so much money on a remake, they have to be co-developing another game using these same assets. I think the original rumor was that there is a Mafia 4 in development, and it goes back to the 1930's.

They don't really need to make a bigger map than the original, but it'd definitely be nice if they created some actual side missions, because there really was no need to travel all over the map besides the mission checkpoints.