Epic interviews SE about KH3's development on UE4

Interesting stuff. I had no idea Blueprints played such a large role in the game's development. For people who don't know, Blueprints is basically UE4's Visual Scripting System and its extremely powerful. You can create game logic by just dropping in and connecting different types of nodes together, so even people with limited programming knowledge or experience can still put games together. I didn't expect a powerhouse studio like SE to rely this heavily on it though.

i'd like to see one of these for FF7.

The only thing worse than playing this shit game is watching a video explaining how they made this shit game. Everyone who worked on level design and combat should never make another game again.

• dead 1
18 hours ago, Delita said:

The only thing worse than playing this shit game is watching a video explaining how they made this shit game. Everyone who worked on level design and combat should never make another game again.

I can’t believe how they botched so many aspects of the game. 

the combat wasn’t just bad, everything surrounding the progression and RPG elements in general just seemed completely half assed and uninteresting.

many of the Disney worlds were forgettable, with the new properties just not being as interesting as the ones from before (though this could also be because we’re so much older, and the themes just don’t resonate with us anymore). 

Despite the graphics being stunning at times, the game was just a mess overall.