Saga Frontier Remastered coming to PS4, Switch, PC and Smartphones. Summer 2021

Seriously couldn’t believe it when I first heard about it. I wish the 2nd one was getting remastered also. I think 1 is the best but 2 I found easier to actually understand and play?  I’m just glad Square still cares about this series enough

5 minutes ago, Delita said:

Seriously couldn’t believe it when I first heard about it. I wish the 2nd one was getting remastered also. I think 1 is the best but 2 I found easier to actually understand and play?  I’m just glad Square still cares about this series enough

I never could get into the second game. I remember the artstyle and everything looked really nice but I didnt care much for it.

Just now, Team 2019 said:

Never played this game, remasters are truly a great thing.

Its a weird game, it has all the random shit youd find in a Romancing Saga battle system, the skills and stats you gained depended on your actions during combat.

What really stood this game apart was that you could choose which character you played, every one having their own distinctive story. Similar to Octopath Traveller but better, imo. The game has no filler, the stories progresses real fast and they eventually all merge together, although I dont think I ever got this far in the game. I only beat a few of the scenarios. 

The game aged well imo, even the original release, due to the graphics being CGI backgrounds and 2D sprites. Still, its a rather enjoyable and unique game, it got terrible reviews but its a cult classic.

^that sounds about right. It’s also one of the most non linear games ever created. So much so you might need a guide at one point. The entire world is open right from the start and if you’re not paying close attention you’ll quickly find yourself completely lost on where to go, what to do, or even how to do combat.

it’s awesome though, but an acquired taste. No hand holding bullshit, no exposition dumps, just pure gameplay with straightforward , though sometimes ridiculous storylines. My favorite was I think Reds scenario

• Upvote 1