Open Club  ·  22 members  ·  Rules

All Things Politics

Last Friday, the US Bureau of Labor Statistics released the job report for December. The country lost 140,000 jobs, and ALL JOBS that were cut were women losing their job.

According to new data released Friday, employers cut 140,000 jobs in December, signaling that the economic recovery from the coronavirus pandemic is backtracking. Digging deeper into the data also reveals a shocking gender gap: Women accounted for all the job losses, losing 156,000 jobs, while men gained 16,000.

For starters, losing jobs in December is already a really bad sign. Its one of the top spending months of the year, there shouldn't be any negative jobs numbers.

And it would be one thing if it was nothing but job losses for everybody across the board, but men actually gained 16,000 jobs during that time, and women actually lost 156,000 jobs.

Just a failure all around from the Trump administration.

1 minute ago, DynamiteCop said:

Trump has what to do with this lol? You people are deranged.

Presidents don't have anything to do with the jobs report, eh?

Looks like you've flip-flopped back to the late Obama-era stance, now.

Just now, jehurey said:

Presidents don't have anything to do with the jobs report, eh?

Looks like you've flip-flopped back to the late Obama-era stance, now.

These job losses are the result of arbitrary restrictions and lockdowns primarily in democrat governed states... 

You've got a screw loose.

Just now, DynamiteCop said:

These job losses are the result of arbitrary restrictions and lockdowns primarily in democrat governed states... 

You've got a screw loose.

No, they're not.

And there's nothing arbritrary about any lockdown or restriction, its due to a virus that this incompetent President completely failed to rein in.

3 minutes ago, jehurey said:

No, they're not.

And there's nothing arbritrary about any lockdown or restriction, its due to a virus that this incompetent President completely failed to rein in.

This pandemic has been the responsibility of state government since the beginning, and when there was inkling of the fed stepping in people started freaking out decrying a violation of states rights.

All of this is state inflicted and most of the restrictions are arbitrary beyond belief and completely contradict near identical actions in a different setting. It's absolute nonsense just flinging shit at a wall hoping it sticks.

Just now, DynamiteCop said:

This pandemic has been the responsibility of state government since the beginning,

Really.

Tell me which state controls the CDC?

Tell me which state fired 2/3's of the CDC Pandemic Team in China that wasn't there to give enough information in Wuhan.

Tell me which state was given an intelligence about this deadly virus back in November 2019 and failed to do anything.

Tell me which state has the right use the national defense act to force corporations to make necessary supplies to prove PPE materials during those first crucially important weeks.

Go ahead, tell me which states.

I'll wait.