Ever had a song stuck in your head for decades that you didn't know the name of?

and you only knew bits and pieces of the lyrics, enough to mime it but not recite it. 

You know melody but that's not helpful finding the song..  

Well I finally found the song that has eluded me for a couple decades now.  

:glad: it's a classic now.

• Like 1

There's this piece of singing that I could've sworn I heard on the radio around the late 90's.

And it was like a slow, romantic song. And I thought it was from that group, Savage Garden.

And I wouldn't really care about that type of music if it wasn't for the fact that the small 10 second sequence of singing had a rather beautiful series of cascading notes that sounded rather unique.

But I went and skimmed through most of Savage Garden's albums on my Spotify, and I can't find a song that seems to match up with that.

19 hours ago, jehurey said:

There's this piece of singing that I could've sworn I heard on the radio around the late 90's.

And it was like a slow, romantic song. And I thought it was from that group, Savage Garden.

And I wouldn't really care about that type of music if it wasn't for the fact that the small 10 second sequence of singing had a rather beautiful series of cascading notes that sounded rather unique.

But I went and skimmed through most of Savage Garden's albums on my Spotify, and I can't find a song that seems to match up with that.

Yup, it probably wasn't that group.

Been down that road a few times, keying in bits and pieces of lyrics in to Google search and Google leading me in with suggestions that I'm like yea that sounds like the lyrics, the I click to listen and I'm like nope this is not the song.

What I find funny is now is the song I been searching for so long as I hear it the lyrics sound kind of low and muffled.  No wonder I never remember the lyrics verbatim.

Edited by The Mother Fucker