GPU prices are slowly decreasing

Well yeah, these new nVIdia GPU come with hashrate limiters, therefore it changes their profitability and therefore their ebay resale value.

Now, I've read that there was ONLY two ebay listings for nVIdia RTX 3070 Ti, which implies that neither Best Buy or Newegg ever had any actual product at launch. A completely paper launch.

4 minutes ago, jehurey said:

Well yeah, these new nVIdia GPU come with hashrate limiters, therefore it changes their profitability and therefore their ebay resale value.

Now, I've read that there was ONLY two ebay listings for nVIdia RTX 3070 Ti, which implies that neither Best Buy or Newegg ever had any actual product at launch. A completely paper launch.

That would explain what happened on BB's site. I was on that shit for hours trying to get a 3070Ti, then suddenly I refreshed the page once and the 'coming soon' button immediately just changed to 'sold out'. The 'add to cart' button was at least visible for a bit when the other cards launched.

11 minutes ago, jehurey said:

I thought I read that Best Buy did the 3070 Ti and 3080 Ti for in-store only.  I know prior they've been moving the NVIDIA FE products online to available to buy if it was in your local Best Buy store.  A significant move to counter scalper bots that were exploiting their site and trying to bypass the Please Wait system which was kind of garbage to that average consumer. 

The RTX 3090 will not have the hashrate limiter. So if don't want no hardware limitation, go for the top card... like you did.

I'm just glad I got my GPU at MSRP and won't have to deal with the chaos of trying to get a GPU.   :smug:

4 minutes ago, The Mother Fucker said:

I thought I read that Best Buy did the 3070 Ti and 3080 Ti for in-store only.  I know prior they've been moving the NVIDIA FE products online to available to buy if it was in your local Best Buy store.  A significant move to counter scalper bots that were exploiting their site and trying to bypass the Please Wait system which was kind of garbage to that average consumer. 

The RTX 3090 will not have the hashrate limiter. So if don't want no hardware limitation, go for the top card... like you did.

I'm just glad I got my GPU at MSRP and won't have to deal with the chaos of trying to get a GPU.   :smug:

They only did the in-store thing for the 3080Ti. The 3070Ti for some reason was online only.