Over 100 Bestbuys to stock RTX 3 series cards in stores tomorrow

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/clp-computers-tablets/nvidia-geforce-rtx-graphics-cards/pcmcat1619723841347.c?id=pcmcat1619723841347

Closest location is 40 minutes from me. Im tempted but i'd have to get there early and theres no guarantee I'd get a card.

Edit: Theres already 40 people in line at that location and apparently only 20 cards will be available :D Welp there goes that.

Damn, only 100 locations and they only have like 20 or so video cards, each location?

Only around 2000 video cards for the biggest brick and mortar computer parts retailer in the US.

I think nVidia is having trouble just getting the products made at the semiconductor fab. And it may get worse, because I keep on reading that the auto industry is pushing really hard for their products to get higher priority  at the fab in order to keep the auto industry from coming to a full stop and stopping assembly lines.

GPUs are almost a purely entertainment and luxury industry, and they don't have nation governments personally pleading with the Taiwanese Prime Minister of Economy to get TSMC to focus on directing production resources for it, like they are with automobile parts.

1 hour ago, jehurey said:

Damn, only 100 locations and they only have like 20 or so video cards, each location?

Only around 2000 video cards for the biggest brick and mortar computer parts retailer in the US.

I think nVidia is having trouble just getting the products made at the semiconductor fab. And it may get worse, because I keep on reading that the auto industry is pushing really hard for their products to get higher priority  at the fab in order to keep the auto industry from coming to a full stop and stopping assembly lines.

GPUs are almost a purely entertainment and luxury industry, and they don't have nation governments personally pleading with the Taiwanese Prime Minister of Economy to get TSMC to focus on directing production resources for it, like they are with automobile parts.

Yeah, vehicles and household items are a bigger priority than incels playing CS:GO at 900 FPS anyway. 

• dead 1