Ace Combat 7 has to be one of the worst Ace Combat games I've ever played.

11 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

Its very solid, but after Project Wingman I think they need to step up their game for the next one. A small indie game being able to replicate the same experience (minus the lavish story cutscenes) is not a good look for the devs.

Ace Combat 7 felt like an experiment in Unreal Engine.

The formula from previous Ace Combat games doesn't work here because unlike previous games, new technology allowed them to spam enemies against you.

Before it was about 5 to 1.

Now, with your useless wingmen that don't shoot down anything, it's 50 to 1.

The formula was completely broken.
Add the fact that every mission is timed, checkpoints are spaced out too far and sometimes not at all.

Oh and the biggest offender is that you are racing against time.

It the timer was extended or sometimes gotten rid off, it would be a much better game.

Edited by MalaXmaS

Literally everything you've said could be applied to any AC game. You're always overwhelmed in numbers, every missions have strict checkpoints or none and timed missions aren't exactly new. Only difference is this one is more challenging.

Funny how you don't even complain about the worst thing in AC7. The fucking weather affecting your plane physics and control. Or how there was way too many gimmicky missions, there's like 3 missions where you have to avoid radars while flying in small ass corridors. They are nothing new to the series but I always hated them and there are too many of those.

Shame you didn't finish it, the last few missions are some of the best.

29 minutes ago, Ramza said:

Literally everything you've said could be applied to any AC game. You're always overwhelmed in numbers, every missions have strict checkpoints or none and timed missions aren't exactly new. Only difference is this one is more challenging.

Funny how you don't even complain about the worst thing in AC7. The fucking weather affecting your plane physics and control. Or how there was way too many gimmicky missions, there's like 3 missions where you have to avoid radars while flying in small ass corridors. They are nothing new to the series but I always hated them and there are too many of those.

Shame you didn't finish it, the last few missions are some of the best.

I just forced myself to beat mission 11.

15 minutes to make 25,000 points.

I did it with 80% damage.

I never had that issue with previous AC games.

This one though, seems to be harder to me then usual. 

2 minutes ago, MalaXmaS said:

I just forced myself to beat mission 11.

15 minutes to make 25,000 points.

I did it with 80% damage.

I never had that issue with previous AC games.

This one though, seems to be harder to me then usual. 

It's the hardest AC game to date, even I as a veteran got frustrated at times on just normal difficulty. You're not wrong there, some missions were just a bit ridiculous.

38 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

Im ass at these games and I really didn’t find it to be that hard or unforgiving :ben: 

And you've probably played on easy. :ben: 

I had to grind a few missions for better jets late game at normal difficulty and I'm pretty good at AC. I'm not saying it was impossible but compared to previous games in the series it was much harder. 

43 minutes ago, Ramza said:

And you've probably played on easy. :ben: 

I had to grind a few missions for better jets late game at normal difficulty and I'm pretty good at AC. I'm not saying it was impossible but compared to previous games in the series it was much harder. 

Nah I played on Normal. I think you just have to pick the right jet and weapon configuration. IIRC I stuck with the multi role fighters and always had the lock on anti-ground missiles. I would strafe ground targets to take a bunch of them out at once but I was also efficient at taking out aircraft too.

1 hour ago, Twinblade said:

Nah I played on Normal. I think you just have to pick the right jet and weapon configuration. IIRC I stuck with the multi role fighters and always had the lock on anti-ground missiles. I would strafe ground targets to take a bunch of them out at once but I was also efficient at taking out aircraft too.

I did that too. Most unguided ground weapons are trash, imo. There's only that one mission where you have to defeat an oil factory during a sandstorm where I used unguided bombs.

Anyway that doesn't stop the missions structures from being strict and annoying at times. Combined with the weather effects adversity.

I'm surprised you of all people find it easy when you complain about the difficulty in most games that I find easy. Bizarro world.:ben: 

8 hours ago, Ramza said:

I did that too. Most unguided ground weapons are trash, imo. There's only that one mission where you have to defeat an oil factory during a sandstorm where I used unguided bombs.

Anyway that doesn't stop the missions structures from being strict and annoying at times. Combined with the weather effects adversity.

I'm surprised you of all people find it easy when you complain about the difficulty in most games that I find easy. Bizarro world.:ben: 

If you think thats tough try flying jets in BF2042. You're pretty much a flying coffin in that game with pea shooters as weapons :lul: 

The F35. A $101.3 million dollar machine. Armed with the most sophisticated arsenal of weaponary... : battlefield2042 (reddit.com)

• Haha 1