Picked up the Switch OLED

5 minutes ago, lynux3 said:

Got mine at GameStop the other day after trading in my original Switch for $275. 😎

I traded mine in for 215 with everything included in the original box, how did you get 275?

edit: i took cash, that’s prob why

Edited by ghostz
5 minutes ago, ghostz said:

I traded mine in for 215 with everything included in the original box, how did you get 275?

edit: i took cash, that’s prob why

Yeah, I did the in store credit and just put it towards the Switch since they had them in stock.

18 minutes ago, lynux3 said:

Yeah, I did the in store credit and just put it towards the Switch since they had them in stock.

Yeah I coulda did the same. They had some in stock, I had no idea about that tho. I bought it at Best Buy and went home to grab mine after transferring the data and went the GS to trade it in but just took cash over store credit since I already had it. 

that screen :banderoos:

OLED tv, OLED watch, OLED phone, OLED switch… just need that OLED MacBook :banderoos:

15 minutes ago, ghostz said:

Yeah I coulda did the same. They had some in stock, I had no idea about that tho. I bought it at Best Buy and went home to grab mine after transferring the data and went the GS to trade it in but just took cash over store credit since I already had it. 

that screen :banderoos:

OLED tv, OLED watch, OLED phone, OLED switch… just need that OLED MacBook :banderoos:

The screen is way damn better that’s for sure. All my shit is OLED too now, can’t beat it. 😎

Oh wait, my iPad Pro is mini LED. 

Edited by lynux3
1 minute ago, ghostz said:

None the less, the graphics blow dick

It's running at ten times the resolution of Switch games and almost triple the FPS at 90hz. 

Of course the assets won't look that great with that kind of standard for default performance.

There's no defending Switch weak ass capabilities though.

1 minute ago, Ramza said:

It's running at ten times the resolution of Switch games and almost triple the FPS at 90hz. 

Of course the assets won't look that great with that kind of standard for default performance.

There's no defending Switch weak ass capabilities though.

The low end of switch sucks for sure, but the high end is fine and often brilliant. MK8 is still a beauty for example. 

Just now, ghostz said:

The low end of switch sucks for sure, but the high end is fine and often brilliant. MK8 is still a beauty for example. 

I thought MK8 looked great on my WiiU in 2013 (yeah I owned one lol). Not sure I'd be so impressed in 2021 though lol

I know some devs can make some fine looking games on weaker hardware, especially Nintendo.

Still, this new model should have received an hardware upgrade, even if it was a minor one.

36 minutes ago, ghostz said:

I mean, it looks better than the regular switch by a large margin. 

low res is still low res. you are basically putting lipstick on a pig. i keep that shit docked now.

• Upvote 1
29 minutes ago, Ramza said:

I thought MK8 looked great on my WiiU in 2013 (yeah I owned one lol). Not sure I'd be so impressed in 2021 though lol

I know some devs can make some fine looking games on weaker hardware, especially Nintendo.

Still, this new model should have received an hardware upgrade, even if it was a minor one.

artistically, it looks great. however, on a tech level, it's still in the ps3/360 era..

2 hours ago, -GD-X said:

artistically, it looks great. however, on a tech level, it's still in the ps3/360 era..

Tech level MK8 is still PS3 era game because that's a straight Wiiu port. 

Tech level the Switch itself is on the PS4/Xbox 1 era (modern engines, APIs, rendering techniques etc) albeit weaker than those two but definitely much more capable than the PS3/360 era. 

Edited by Goukosan