How to predict valuable games?

This is something I’ve wondered for a while. Is there a method to this? How does one predict if a game is worthy of being not only purchased, but possibly purchased multiple times, with the thought that you’d leave several sealed. 

some games are worth insane value, and it makes no sense. 

Uncharted 2’s whatever “premium” version for example is worth almost 2k! Probably purchasable for under $200 at the time. That’s a 10:1 mark up.. at least. Houses aren’t even close to this.  Easy fucking flips! Imagine if you bought 100… or 1,000. 

here’s a list at “most valuable games”, but of course.. you’d have to find a buyer. Who the fuck would buy these games.. and why? :tom:

https://howchoo.com/g/n2jkmmixn2i/rarest-video-games-of-all-time

Edited by ghostz

Anything that didn't sell too hot at launch and will have collector interest in the future, it usually work best with niche IPs that has a dedicated fanbase. I sold so many Japanese trash at a profit you wouldn't believe.

But it's imperative that you keep your games in a flawless condition, or better yet, sealed.

Finding a buyer is easy. Ebay it.

• Like 1

I had seen that the Danganropa had a pretty high resale presence on ebay, so that's why I preordered the Decadance Special Edition.

Currently, the resale markup is only 30-50%, but it just barely came out last month so there's still quite a few available on ebay.  Gonna just sit on it for a while and see the item become more scarce.