Biden Inflation Accelerates to 8.6%

6 hours ago, Mr. Impossible said:

On 2022-06-10 at 3:49 PM, Ramza said:

No single oil company can fix prices on gas. Biggest factors in the cost of gas are the cost of production, the quantity produced and the demand. 

So I wasn't far off.

1. Global price of oil

2. Taxes and fees

3. Refining

4. Distribution/marketing

Here's the thing, policies can affect all those things. They cut off future home production projects and cut off Russian oil significantly lowering the available oil on the world stage. That will always increase the price regardless. Now, I'm sure the situation is far more complex but that's the gist of the main root causes of the current situation, I think.

I have yet to watch the full thing but I will. 

Edited by Ramza
On 2022-06-10 at 12:59 PM, Twinblade said:

Some democrats have already started sounding the alarm about Russia planning to interfere in the midterms. Thats how desperate they are :D 

And some Republicans are claiming that their elections were rigged. Which seems more likely? 

1 hour ago, Ramza said:

The same greedy companies you are talking of are being cut off from producing more in the US by Biden administration pro green policies. He's constantly lying about this, like when Psaki was saying there were thousands of unused permits, which were actually all shitty deals no one wanted.

Instead, he scolded home oil producers just recently and he went on a trip to talk to the crowned prince of Saudi Arabia, most likely to beg for oil. He has never shown any respect to the industry and has threatened them many times since day 0 of his administration, even going to go as far as to campaign on the promise of banning fossil fuel. Any other President would have come up with a better plan than this for home production.

I'm not making this a particular partisan attack, by the way. I haven't seen the proposed policy you are talking about so I can't comment. 

I'll say this. What benefits a fuel producer more: Investing money in refining and distribution of fuel to make prices lower, which means less profit for them or keeping higher prices and making more money with less of an investment? 

Even in the video I posted he has actual interviews of oil reps who state they have no interest increasing production. Tens of thousands of people employed in the sector have been laid off during the pandemic. Increasing production of would mean investing in people, hardware, equipment, and other operating factors. 

1 hour ago, Ramza said:

The same greedy companies you are talking of are being cut off from producing more in the US by Biden administration pro green policies. He's constantly lying about this, like when Psaki was saying there were thousands of unused permits, which were actually all shitty deals no one wanted.

Instead, he scolded home oil producers just recently and he went on a trip to talk to the crowned prince of Saudi Arabia, most likely to beg for oil. He has never shown any respect to the industry and has threatened them many times since day 0 of his administration, even going to go as far as to campaign on the promise of banning fossil fuel. Any other President would have come up with a better plan than this for home production.

I'm not making this a particular partisan attack, by the way. I haven't seen the proposed policy you are talking about so I can't comment. 

Those same greedy companies are driving the price of gas up WORLD WIDE. 

Take a look at the prices worldwide.   The common denominator is the greedy oil companies that are fleecing majority of countries around the world and raking in billions in profits. 

Australia $5.45    
Belgium $8.10    
Benin $3.73    
Brazil $5.78    
Canada $6.49    
China $5.50    
Denmark $10.02    
France $8.06    
Finland $9.64    
Germany $8.80    
Greece $9.29    
Hong Kong $11.21    
Iceland $9.47    
India $5.09    
Ireland $7.91    
Israel $8.24    
Italy $7.78    
Japan $4.85    
Jordan $6.30    
Kuwait $1.30    
Madagascar $3.84    
Malawi $6,32    
Mexico $4.55    
Mozambique $4.59    
Netherlands $9.20    
Norway $10.70    
Pakistan $3.43    
Poland $6.52    
Qatar $2.18    
Russia $3.03    
Saudi Arabia $2.35    
Sierra Leone $4.34    
Singapore $8.76    
Sweden $9.05    
Turkey $5.80    
Ukraine $6.51    
United Kingdom $8.17    
United States $4.79    
Zimbabwe $5.46

30 minutes ago, Goukosan said:

Take a look at the prices worldwide.   The common denominator is the greedy oil companies that are fleecing majority of countries around the world and raking in billions in profits. 

Australia $5.45    
Belgium $8.10    
Benin $3.73    
Brazil $5.78    
Canada $6.49    
China $5.50    
Denmark $10.02    
France $8.06    
Finland $9.64    
Germany $8.80    
Greece $9.29    
Hong Kong $11.21    
Iceland $9.47    
India $5.09    
Ireland $7.91    
Israel $8.24    
Italy $7.78    
Japan $4.85    
Jordan $6.30    
Kuwait $1.30    
Madagascar $3.84    
Malawi $6,32    
Mexico $4.55    
Mozambique $4.59    
Netherlands $9.20    
Norway $10.70    
Pakistan $3.43    
Poland $6.52    
Qatar $2.18    
Russia $3.03    
Saudi Arabia $2.35    
Sierra Leone $4.34    
Singapore $8.76    
Sweden $9.05    
Turkey $5.80    
Ukraine $6.51    
United Kingdom $8.17    
United States $4.79    
Zimbabwe $5.46

I'm moving to Kuwait. I hear the pride parade is to die for. 

21 hours ago, Mr. Impossible said:

I'll say this. What benefits a fuel producer more: Investing money in refining and distribution of fuel to make prices lower, which means less profit for them or keeping higher prices and making more money with less of an investment? 

Even in the video I posted he has actual interviews of oil reps who state they have no interest increasing production. Tens of thousands of people employed in the sector have been laid off during the pandemic. Increasing production of would mean investing in people, hardware, equipment, and other operating factors. 

You're partly right. I'm not surprised that some are pretty happy with the status quo but producing more also mean increased revenue and profit, even at a lower value. Producing oil is not a financially risky business avenue. It's not like the price of the barrel was cheap in the past decade and those compagnies just started being profitable due to inflated prices.

It's always a good business sector and I can't imagine no one would like to expand their operation further, not when home consumption is depended on foreign energy and the country has enough reserves to produce much more. 

21 hours ago, Goukosan said:

Australia $5.45    
Belgium $8.10    
Benin $3.73    
Brazil $5.78    
Canada $6.49    
China $5.50    
Denmark $10.02    
France $8.06    
Finland $9.64    
Germany $8.80    
Greece $9.29    
Hong Kong $11.21    
Iceland $9.47    
India $5.09    
Ireland $7.91    
Israel $8.24    
Italy $7.78    
Japan $4.85    
Jordan $6.30    
Kuwait $1.30    
Madagascar $3.84    
Malawi $6,32    
Mexico $4.55    
Mozambique $4.59    
Netherlands $9.20    
Norway $10.70    
Pakistan $3.43    
Poland $6.52    
Qatar $2.18    
Russia $3.03    
Saudi Arabia $2.35    
Sierra Leone $4.34    
Singapore $8.76    
Sweden $9.05    
Turkey $5.80    
Ukraine $6.51    
United Kingdom $8.17    
United States $4.79    
Zimbabwe $5.46

Lol did you think you had something going for pointing out that the whole world is depended on oil? You thought this was a national crisis and you just found out the whole world is experiencing increased prices at the same time like it always does? Wow. 

I can specifically talk about the US energy sector if I want to and blame what's wrong there. I mean Canada, Venezuela and the US are the main producers in the western hemisphere. What happens in those countries affect everyone else. It's certainly not western Europe who produces oil. And you have all the other players we know, Ukraine, Russia, Middle Eastern countries, etc... and I don't have to explain to you the situation of the eastern hemisphere. 

18 minutes ago, Ramza said:

Lol did you think you had something going for pointing out that the whole world is depended on oil? You thought this was a national crisis and you just found out the whole world is experiencing increased prices at the same time like it always does? Wow. 

I can specifically talk about the US energy sector if I want to and blame what's wrong there. I mean Canada, Venezuela and the US are the main producers in the western hemisphere. What happens in those countries affect everyone else. It's certainly not western Europe who produces oil. And you have all the other players we know, Ukraine, Russia, Middle Eastern countries, etc... and I don't have to explain to you the situation of the eastern hemisphere. 

You're the one who is acting like this is ONLY a national crisis, when in actuality it's a worldwide crisis where the common denominator is the greedy ass oil companies :umad:

21 hours ago, Cooke said:

I'm moving to Kuwait. I hear the pride parade is to die for. 

They don't subscribe to conforming to people's imagination, you'll love it there since you have the same belief system as they do :umad:

3 minutes ago, Goukosan said:

You're the one who is acting like this is ONLY a national crisis, when in actuality it's a worldwide crisis where the common denominator is the greedy ass oil companies :umad:

You seriously think I wasn't aware while living in Canada? :ben: 

I think I made my point clear as to why those decisions affect everyone. The US always dictates the west anyway. The Biden/democrat administration reflects our own Liberals in Canada as well, two sides of the same coin. Although I'd argue it's even more backed up in Canada by pro green policies, political opposition and globalists profiteers. Both our countries could be self reliant and have enough to supply western Europe and keep them away from Russian energy. Don't you agree? We know we have the capacity in theory. 

2 hours ago, Ramza said:

You're partly right. I'm not surprised that some are pretty happy with the status quo but producing more also mean increased revenue and profit, even at a lower value. Producing oil is not a financially risky business avenue. It's not like the price of the barrel was cheap in the past decade and those compagnies just started being profitable due to inflated prices.

It's always a good business sector and I can't imagine no one would like to expand their operation further, not when home consumption is depended on foreign energy and the country has enough reserves to produce much more. 

The point is that they can and are choosing not to. The price is affected by demand. If enough people were not willing to pay the cost would go down. Production dropped during covid when prices were 2 something a gallon. 

They are not struggling at all at this point and it's considered "bad business" to not make the most money they can in the current climate. 

On 2022-06-18 at 7:52 PM, Mr. Impossible said:

The point is that they can and are choosing not to. The price is affected by demand. If enough people were not willing to pay the cost would go down. Production dropped during covid when prices were 2 something a gallon. 

They are not struggling at all at this point and it's considered "bad business" to not make the most money they can in the current climate. 

I can't think of any other industry that doesn't want to expand operations and plan long term growth. Especially for a product in vast demand in your own market that you are guaranteed to sell. If the private sector won't do it then the Government should step in. It's frustrating to hear things like Canada has enough to be %100 self reliant and still ship barrel overseas but in reality, we import vast quantities at worse rates which only profit shit dictator countries like Saudi Arabia or Venezuela and previously Russia.

18 minutes ago, Ramza said:

I can't think of any other industry that doesn't want to expand operations and plan long term growth. Especially for a product in vast demand in your own market that you are guaranteed to sell. If the private sector won't do it then the Government should step in. It's frustrating to hear things like Canada has enough to be %100 self reliant and still ship barrel overseas but in reality, we import vast quantities at worse rates which only profit shit dictator countries like Saudi Arabia or Venezuela and previously Russia.

That sounds kind of big government regulation/oversight that is the work of the liberal devil. 

• 2 weeks later...