Question about BF2042 cross console gaming

A friend from work is hooked into the game and told me to get it, but he has a PS4.

Problem is, I already shelved my PS4 and have my PS5.

From my understanding, the PS5 version is not compatible with PS4 for online gaming.

What is the solution for this?

Look man, sometimes you got to think outside the box, you don't have to do anything.

Buy the game now and invite him over to check it out on PS5 and shame him for playing it on a turd console from 2013 with your big ass 4K TV. 

He's gonna want to get a PS5, guaranteed. 

Edited by Ramza

There is no crossplay across generations. PS4 and Xbone players can only play with each other. PS5, Series X, and PC players can only play with each other as well.

You have to either bring out the PS4 or he has to get a PS5.

Im surprised there's still a community on last gen tbh. Those versions of the game had huge issues and a lot of people abandoned them.

4 hours ago, Twinblade said:

There is no crossplay across generations. PS4 and Xbone players can only play with each other. PS5, Series X, and PC players can only play with each other as well.

You have to either bring out the PS4 or he has to get a PS5.

Im surprised there's still a community on last gen tbh. Those versions of the game had huge issues and a lot of people abandoned them.

What issues