Star Ocean The Divine force is criminally underated

4 hours ago, Twinblade said:

The first half is quite a good, but it definitely losses steam in the 2nd. Without spoiling anything, it changes in a way thats actually pretty damn cool but I don't think they had the budget to pull off those ideas properly.

So they go to a more advanced planet like in every other Star Ocean game but the gameplay remains the same and it's only a scifi RPG at a surface level, otherwise indistinguishable from your regular medieval like fantasy JRPGs despite the more futuristic setting. Am I right? :tard: 

18 minutes ago, Team 2019 said:

Beat the game second part was exactly what I expected. Really enjoyed this game.

The voice acting was also suprisingly good.

Spoiler

The planets you visited were too small and not developed as well as the areas you visit in the first half of the game. Especially compared to SO4 where each planet had its own NPC settlements, wide open areas, dungeons, etc.

The city area towards the end of the game was actually gorgeous and probably the best looking environment, but the playable area is literally 1 long street and thats it.

21 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

Reveal hidden contents

The planets you visited were too small and not developed as well as the areas you visit in the first half of the game. Especially compared to SO4 where each planet had its own NPC settlements, wide open areas, dungeons, etc.

The city area towards the end of the game was actually gorgeous and probably the best looking environment, but the playable area is literally 1 long street and thats it.

Lots of copy paste rooms at th end sadly. But it didnt bother me.