Did anyone get Street Fighter?

Hanged out at my buddies house and we played versus for about a couple of hours, and then alternated playing a few online matches afterwards.

And then we spent another hour finely crafting and critiquing his online avatar in the game to look as closely to Brad Wesley from Roadhouse, that was the highlight.

I still haven't picked it up because I'm playing the hell out of Diablo 4.. but I put in about 10-15h into the betas/demo... so I know with 100% certainty that I'm going to buy it.  I really liked what I played.

26 minutes ago, JonbX said:

World Tour runs like shit on my PC lol damn. Console it is

Also doesn't run at a smooth 60 on consoles from what I read from the GS review. The world tour, I mean. That was one of the main con mentioned. 

9 minutes ago, Ramza said:

Also doesn't run at a smooth 60 on consoles from what I read from the GS review. The world tour, I mean. That was one of the main con mentioned. 

Yeah, it's weirdly demanding.  I get 120fps average in world tour, but it definitely drops down to 90fps at times... oddly when there's fuck all seemingly happening.  The GFX in World Tour mode are ugly as shit too :D 

Anyway, I'm thinking of also trying out one of those hitbox controllers.  My arcade stick I got with SF4 still works perfectly, but was just thinking of trying one of these out for fun.  Anyone else used them before?

1080x1080-1-1-1024x1024.jpg

2 minutes ago, Remij said:

Yeah, it's weirdly demanding.  I get 120fps average in world tour, but it definitely drops down to 90fps at times... oddly when there's fuck all seemingly happening.  The GFX in World Tour mode are ugly as shit too :D 

Anyway, I'm thinking of also trying out one of those hitbox controllers.  My arcade stick I got with SF4 still works perfectly, but was just thinking of trying one of these out for fun.  Anyone else used them before?

1080x1080-1-1-1024x1024.jpg

Wtf is that thing? Where's the fucking stick? 

1 minute ago, Ramza said:

Wtf is that thing? Where's the fucking stick? 

lol it's a hitbox style controller.  Instead of the stick it has 4 buttons for each of the directions.

A ton of the highest level players use these things.

5 minutes ago, Remij said:

lol it's a hitbox style controller.  Instead of the stick it has 4 buttons for each of the directions.

A ton of the highest level players use these things.

Yeah, psychopaths used this kind of controller, no doubt about it. 

• Haha 1
30 minutes ago, Ramza said:

Shit was like pausing for seconds at a time at 1080p. It was unplayable. Looks like PS3 too like fucking ugly it makes no sense. So no way console runs worse than that. That mode seems like trash anyway

1 minute ago, JonbX said:

Shit was like pausing for seconds at a time at 1080p. It was unplayable. Looks like PS3 too like fucking ugly it makes no sense. So no way console runs worse than that. That mode seems like trash anyway

Sounds like maybe you didn't pre-cache the shaders.  There's an option in the menu to do it.

But yea, even considering that, it's weirdly demanding on the CPU for no reason lmao... and yea, ugly as shit.

2 minutes ago, JonbX said:

Oh I'm just saying. It's probably not as bad. 

As you can guess it looked TERRIBLE on my PC. 

And yeah the world tour mode seem bloated and stupid. If you want good SP content MK1 is coming out soon. Lol. 

2 minutes ago, JonbX said:

May as well use a keyboard if you use a hitbox. I dont understand how people use them at all.

Yea, that's essentially what it is.  A lot of people swear by them though.  Makes putting in certain inputs a lot easier for people who can't use a stick well.  I know for myself personally I'll still fuck up sometimes and jump+forward when I was just meaning to move forward lol.

I'd rather use one of these though than a keyboard.  On a keyboard it's too easy to hit other keys instead.

2 minutes ago, Remij said:

Sounds like maybe you didn't pre-cache the shaders.  There's an option in the menu to do it.

But yea, even considering that, it's weirdly demanding on the CPU for no reason lmao... and yea, ugly as shit.

I didnt and did not see that option. Even after the stutter stopped the framerate was terrible. Prob could turn down settings but why when the game is that ugly?

The normal matches ran fine at 1440p only a few drops here and there. Meh maybe ill just get Diablo instead not sure if i even feel like getting into a fighter rn

3 minutes ago, Ramza said:

Oh I'm just saying. It's probably not as bad. 

As you can guess it looked TERRIBLE on my PC. 

And yeah the world tour mode seem bloated and stupid. If you want good SP content MK1 is coming out soon. Lol. 

I might just wait for that tbh. Hopefully its not as clunky as the last one.

3 minutes ago, Remij said:

Yea, that's essentially what it is.  A lot of people swear by them though.  Makes putting in certain inputs a lot easier for people who can't use a stick well.  I know for myself personally I'll still fuck up sometimes and jump+forward when I was just meaning to move forward lol.

I'd rather use one of these though than a keyboard.  On a keyboard it's too easy to hit other keys instead.

Im sure its more accurate but that would be impossible for me to get rid of the muscle memory and train my brain all over again. The button layout doesnt even make sense to me. Like why is up all the way down hidden on the bottom. Im mad just looking at it.

• Upvote 1
Just now, JonbX said:

I didnt and did not see that option. Even after the stutter stopped the framerate was terrible. Prob could turn down settings but why when the game is that ugly?

The normal matches ran fine at 1440p only a few drops here and there. Meh maybe ill just get Diablo instead not sure if i even feel like getting into a fighter rn

It should have prompted you and ask if you wanted to do it right at the initial boot after you select your language.  If you skipped that, there's an option in the menu.. but as you say, if the FPS was still shit after the stuttering stopped, then it is what it is.  

Even on the highest settings, it's ugly as fuck.  Everything just looks goofy and bland as hell in that mode... and there's nothing that even comes close to justifying the CPU performance lol

Sounds like it's better in your case to go for the console version anyway.

As for the game itself, I love SF6... but yea, Diablo comes first for me.  SF6 ain't going anywhere.

1 minute ago, JonbX said:

Im sure its more accurate but that would be impossible for me to get rid of the muscle memory and train my brain all over again. The button layout doesnt even make sense to me. Like why is up all the way down hidden on the bottom. Im mad just looking at it.

It seems fucked up but don't even think of it as an "up" button.. think of it as jump.  Starts to make more sense like that.

There will definitely be a learning curve to it though.

I didnt notice the CPU usage being all that high but it could have been. Dont typically have to worry about CPU in fighting games.

What about when you jump back tho. That seems like an uncomfortable stretch. Shit is like playing Guitar Hero.