Like a Dragon Gaiden confirmed to be a day 1 game pass release - Ishin also releasing later this year

12 minutes ago, -GD-X said:

Do I have to play the first?

This is a spin off that ties into the new game but has nothing to do with the 1st Like a Dragon.

I think you can probably get away with playing this game first, and then going straight to Like a Dragon Infinite Wealth. Thats probably why they're releasing them in this format (this one in November, then Infinite Wealth in January). That'll probably give you enough of a background on the characters and themes.

Plus they're different combat systems. If you played the first Like a Dragon and then jumped straight into the new one, you'd have to deal with 100+ hours of the same turn based combat which would probably get tiring.

• Upvote 1
2 hours ago, Mr. House said:

I thought it was the upcoming Infinite Wealth. 

No, Like a Dragon Gaiden: The Man who Erased his Name is the Kiryu focused spin off that has the classic real time combat. That comes out in November, and then Infinite Wealth (the next proper main series entry) drops in January. However nothing has been said about Infinite Wealth being a day 1 GP release.