New COD officially coming to Gamepass

Posted (edited)
1 minute ago, David P said:

They should drop the CoD catalogue slowly over time. Pretty much guaranteed to happen. 

Why? Just release everything at once. No point on sitting on anything. I’m actually shocked it’s not already on there. 

the headline: “gamepass adds 300 Activision games, available now” is a huge headline. 

you could take away all Xbox games, just leave Activision, and it’s worth $18 or whatever a month 

Edited by Tears of the Cows
1 minute ago, Tears of the Cows said:

Why? Just release everything at once. No point on sitting on anything. I’m actually shocked it’s not already on there. 

It's a monthly paid subscription. You want to give the impression it's worth investing long term because there's a stream of game. 

5 minutes ago, Tears of the Cows said:

the headline: “gamepass adds 300 Activision games, available now” is a huge headline. 

you could take away all Xbox games, just leave Activision, and it’s worth $18 or whatever a month 

I think a good marketing strategy would actually be to drop a recent CoD game on gamepass every month leading up to the release of the new one. That would be an effective way to both build up hype and increase subscriber numbers.

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, David P said:

It's a monthly paid subscription. You want to give the impression it's worth investing long term because there's a stream of game. 

There’s hundreds of games to play 

6 minutes ago, Tears of the Cows said:

There’s hundreds of games to play 

They’re all garbage including CoD. Might as well have a slow garbage landslide to facilitate the dipshits subscribing.

6 minutes ago, lynux3 said:

They’re all garbage including CoD. Might as well have a slow garbage landslide to facilitate the dipshits subscribing.

Garbage that sells. But I agree, mostly garbage. 

7 minutes ago, Tears of the Cows said:

Garbage that sells. But I agree, mostly garbage. 

It’s in Microsoft’s best interest to keep people subscribing month after month. A slow feed might be able to do that because it’s already a huge bottom line risk releasing day one. I’m ready to know whether or not these makes a huge impact on subscriptions, and if Microsoft raises the price like it’s been rumored to accommodate this move.

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, lynux3 said:

It’s in Microsoft’s best interest to keep people subscribing month after month. A slow feed might be able to do that because it’s already a huge bottom line risk releasing day one. I’m ready to know whether or not these makes a huge impact on subscriptions, and if Microsoft raises the price like it’s been rumored to accommodate this move.

I think the backlog of all games > one new cod game. They own everything from Spyro to THPS, just release them bitches all. Not like you can play more than one game at a single time anyway… and not like they’re selling many copies on Xbox. PS users can still pay full price LOL

Edited by Tears of the Cows
2 minutes ago, Tears of the Cows said:

I think the backlog of all games > one new cod game. They own everything from Spyro to THPS, just release them bitches all. Not like you can play more than one game at a single time anyway… and not like they’re selling many copies on Xbox. PS users can still pay full price LOL

A slow drip feed is better because not everyone has the same tastes. 

2 minutes ago, lynux3 said:

A slow drip feed is better because not everyone has the same tastes. 

Naw. Release them all and anyone can play what they want when they want 

fuck creating hype/profits. I’m just in it for me 

17 minutes ago, Tears of the Cows said:

Naw. Release them all and anyone can play what they want when they want 

fuck creating hype/profits. I’m just in it for me 

If that was the case you’d sell that shitty Xbox.