On 2024-07-14 at 7:24 PM, Cooke said:

Lol why are there so many stupid headlines? 

20240714_162307.jpg

20240714_162356.jpg

20240714_162409.jpg

20240714_162401.jpg

I think you're comparing minutes after the shooting vs a day after.  First few minutes of an event like this are going to have tangled "updating" headlines. 

1 hour ago, Substatic said:

I think you're comparing minutes after the shooting vs a day after.  First few minutes of an event like this are going to have tangled "updating" headlines. 

It was on live tv. What were they looking at? 

14 hours ago, Substatic said:

No, it's because of social media algorithms. You'll notice over the past few years many news sources or content creators won't actually say or type words like Kill, Rape, drugs, pedophile, suicide, and other certain words. 

I watched a video breakdown of "Not Like Us" where they kept saying PDFfile despite the theme of the song. People don't want their content auto-struck. Since the initial barriers are AI, it doesn't actually or may not in cases be able to define context in a video transcript or article. 

So to avoid getting auto strikes or possible demonization, they just make vague headlines or pretzel wording. 

This is a HUGE part of why conservatives where crying their hearts out a couple of years ago about "censorship" (in reality, demonization) when they were posting content that algorithmically would be detected as hate speech as they would often mimic information similar to hate/supremacy.

Edited by Mr. Impossible
  • 2 weeks later...