who else is playing metaphor refantazio?

2 hours ago, Twinblade said:

did you have to grind much? I just realized you have to unlock each archetype on a per character basis, you can’t just unlock one once and make it available to all the characters.

Not at all. The trick is to keep moving up, when an archetype is maxed out, or try using one that’s not being used. Remember, you can carry over certain skills to a new archetype, which makes playing an “out of character” archetype still feel like a proper progression.

• Upvote 1
  • Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

No, I keep a Pyramid Head  

56 hours in...   i'm at the part where you can get the bad ending   i've done every single side quest (most play a big role in character development and social bonds).  

30 hours in. Godly. This feels more like an rpg than the school/palace/social rinse and repeat of persona. I love how some side quests even trigger character bonds. The incentives to explore and try (

37 minutes ago, -GD-X said:

Not at all. The trick is to keep moving up, when an archetype is maxed out, or try using one that’s not being used. Remember, you can carry over certain skills to a new archetype, which makes playing an “out of character” archetype still feel like a proper progression.

I’m at the first time management part, and I’m wondering if it’s like persona where I can rush through a dungeon up to the final boss, and then spend the rest of the time on side stuff and social links without worrying about the deadline?

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, Twinblade said:

I’m at the first time management part, and I’m wondering if it’s like persona where I can rush through a dungeon up to the final boss, and then spend the rest of the time on side stuff and social links without worrying about the deadline?

You can absolutely do that. That’s what I did :smoke:

10 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

There’s an early game optional dungeon that’s such a ridiculous spike in difficulty, and the game gives you no indication of whether or not your a high enough level for it. Pretty frustrating. I’m already googling to figure out how I can cheese this fight

There’s a gauge next to each quest. I did one that was almost fully filled :deadest: 

7 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

the rank? It’s only 2.5 for this quest, but the boss at the end is ridiculous.

Hmmm…what archetypes are you rocking in your party? I usually have a healer, strong mage, hybrid fighter and a soldier. 

1 minute ago, -GD-X said:

Hmmm…what archetypes are you rocking in your party? I usually have a healer, strong mage, hybrid fighter and a soldier. 

the characters straight up said not to use a mage or healer for this dungeon. So im just using seeker, a warrior and a knight.

I came close to beating the boss but ran out of mp and also don’t have any more mp healing items, so I still have no choice but to abandon the dungeon.

I can already tell this game’s design is going to frustrate me.

4 hours ago, Twinblade said:

the characters straight up said not to use a mage or healer for this dungeon. So im just using seeker, a warrior and a knight.

I came close to beating the boss but ran out of mp and also don’t have any more mp healing items, so I still have no choice but to abandon the dungeon.

I can already tell this game’s design is going to frustrate me.

This is why I played on story mode to be safe. I play these games to relax. 

edit:

can you switch  out archetypes in your menu yet? It makes things way easier and efficient. 

1 hour ago, -GD-X said:

This is why I played on story mode to be safe. I play these games to relax. 

edit:

can you switch  out archetypes in your menu yet? It makes things way easier and efficient. 

So by story you mean you played on storyteller mode? That probably explains why you were able to get to the end of it so quickly :ben:  

and yeah I can switch to some archetypes but they wouldn’t have helped in this fight.

57 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

So by story you mean you played on storyteller mode? That probably explains why you were able to get to the end of it so quickly :ben:  

and yeah I can switch to some archetypes but they wouldn’t have helped in this fight.

Yeah, I picked the easiest mode lol. But I know people who have beaten it on hard in 65 hours. I’m doing all of the side shit. Or else I would have been done around the 50 hour mark. But you miss a lot of great content and character development skipping the side stuff. 

Just now, -GD-X said:

Yeah, I picked the easiest mode lol. But I know people who have beaten it on hard in 65 hours. I’m doing all of the side shit. Or else I would have been done around the 50 hour mark. But you miss a lot of great content and character development skipping the side stuff. 

Im 10 hours in but im already convinced there's no way im going to finish the game on the default difficulty. There's too much stuff that feels like its wasting my time (in-game and IRL). For example, I was just making great progress through a dungeon but ran out of MP so I had to back out and come back in again. I feel like im going to have to do that again soon, and it doesn't help that for some reason the vendors don't sell MP healing items yet? 

27 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

Im 10 hours in but im already convinced there's no way im going to finish the game on the default difficulty. There's too much stuff that feels like its wasting my time (in-game and IRL). For example, I was just making great progress through a dungeon but ran out of MP so I had to back out and come back in again. I feel like im going to have to do that again soon, and it doesn't help that for some reason the vendors don't sell MP healing items yet? 

That’s the only reason why I play these games on the easiest setting - so I can kamikaze my character if I run out of MP, since you can revive with full hp/mp. I’ve only had to do it with a few bosses. I do play the game with the intent of not using it as crutch in every battle…but it comes in handy those few times I’m out. 

• Upvote 1

I changed it from default to easy and I feel that is still has enough challenge to not be blasting through it but also you do more damage to where mp isn't as big of a concern. If mp becomes an issue later I'll have no problems changing it to story mode .

Also there was only one vendor I found so far that sold mp potions and he only had 3.

• Upvote 2
18 minutes ago, JonDnD said:

I changed it from default to easy and I feel that is still has enough challenge to not be blasting through it but also you do more damage to where mp isn't as big of a concern. If mp becomes an issue later I'll have no problems changing it to story mode .

Also there was only one vendor I found so far that sold mp potions and he only had 3.

this is what bothers me about many atlus games lately. Many of them don’t feel properly balanced on the default difficulty, with mechanics and design that feels like it’s working against the player for no reason.

1 hour ago, Twinblade said:

this is what bothers me about many atlus games lately. Many of them don’t feel properly balanced on the default difficulty, with mechanics and design that feels like it’s working against the player for no reason.

Yeah, if MP caps/losing days weren’t an issue, it would be perfect. Melee attacks don’t feel as effective in this game as they did in Persona (in turn-based mode). 

Edited by -GD-X
  • Upvote 1
20 minutes ago, -GD-X said:

Yeah, if MP caps/losing days weren’t an issue, it would be perfect. Melee attacks don’t feel as effective in this game as they did in Persona (in turn-based mode). 

the stuff I’ve read on Twitter regarding later battles in the game is brutal. Its closer to SMT in difficulty and how unforgiving it can be. I would have preferred just fantasy persona.

21 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

the stuff I’ve read on Twitter regarding later battles in the game is brutal. Its closer to SMT in difficulty and how unforgiving it can be. I would have preferred just fantasy persona.

Yeah….their are some amazing, optional  (though you get 3 of the best armors in the game) areas, but they hard af. The last area has these annoying fucking enemies. My party is strong enough that I can beat them without using revive. However, I ran out of MP several times. I’m not even done with the area yet. 

• Sad 1
6 minutes ago, -GD-X said:

The endgame is ridiculously long. Every time I think I’m done, there’s a new dungeon. It went  from stellar pacing to p5 on roids. 

Thats exactly what I did not want to happen :D I probably wouldn't have bought the game yet If I had waited to hear your late game impressions.

• -GD-X★ changed the title to who else is playing metaphor refantazio?