who else is playing metaphor refantazio?

6 minutes ago, -GD-X said:

I installed the latest patch of the game and I can’t get over how great the opening desert scene looks/runs now on Steam Deck OLED.  It went from the teens (in the vanilla version) to a locked 30 with AA, high texture quality, and 125% scaling (to get an even sharper image). Kudos to Atlus for further optimizing this game. The prior update had already mostly fixed the framerate issue. But this is butter smooth with AA. I’m surprised it’s not verified on the SD yet.

it’s unfortunate they can’t put these improvements on the ps5 version. The game is jaggy as fuck.

• Sad 1
  • Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

No, I keep a Pyramid Head  

30 hours in. Godly. This feels more like an rpg than the school/palace/social rinse and repeat of persona. I love how some side quests even trigger character bonds. The incentives to explore and try (

56 hours in...   i'm at the part where you can get the bad ending   i've done every single side quest (most play a big role in character development and social bonds).  

Just now, Twinblade said:

it’s unfortunate they can’t put these improvements on the ps5 version. The game is jaggy as fuck.

That sucks! It’s a night and day difference now. 

The smaa changed the entire look of the game .

Im playing at 175 res scale and locked it to 60 and with the SMAA it's very clean . You can actually appreciate the art now .

• aitch 1
2 minutes ago, JonDnD said:

The smaa changed the entire look of the game .

Im playing at 175 res scale and locked it to 60 and with the SMAA it's very clean . You can actually appreciate the art now .

Yeah, I’m going to see if I can get 60 fps. I’m also going to see how much I can push the settings while maintaining 30. 

• Like 1

so i was chatting with a friend who is obsessed with this game. he showed me the numbers he was getting, which were like 8 times what i was getting. i think the main problem is that i played this game too much like persona, and i didn't truly utilize the strengths of the combat/buffs/debuffs/etc. i say...if you are getting stuck, or feel the difficulty is unfair, use a guide. my friend beat it on the hardest difficulty btw.

• Upvote 1
29 minutes ago, -GD-X said:

so i was chatting with a friend who is obsessed with this game. he showed me the numbers he was getting, which were like 8 times what i was getting. i think the main problem is that i played this game too much like persona, and i didn't truly utilize the strengths of the combat/buffs/debuffs/etc. i say...if you are getting stuck, or feel the difficulty is unfair, use a guide. my friend beat it on the hardest difficulty btw.

that’s good to know. I still feel like the game’s balance is off. The first optional dungeon had a rank of 2.5, but it was incredibly difficult especially the boss at the end. The next optional dungeon had a ranking of 2, but it was 10x easier for me. Stuff like this has not made much sense so far

Just now, Twinblade said:

that’s good to know. I still feel like the game’s balance is off. The first optional dungeon had a rank of 2.5, but it was incredibly difficult especially the boss at the end. The next optional dungeon had a ranking of 2, but it was 10x easier for me. Stuff like this has not made much sense so far

yeah, there are definitely balancing issues for sure. i loved the game's ambition and ideas. however, i would like to see some future patches to smooth out the oddities. there's definitely a stellar game here. i'm going to eventually do a new game + and use a guide to maximize my builds.

• Upvote 1
Just now, JonDnD said:

The part with the 

Hide contents

worm boss was funny af 😆 Then capturing the rabbit guy was fun too. 

hell yeah! it sounds like you are getting into july. that's when the game starts taking off!

Damn I thought jon was way further. Im approaching late June where Im at now. Its interesting how slower time moves in this compared to Persona

I do like the qol features, like being able to instantly know which followers are available for you to spend time with and also just being able to straight up fast travel to them.

• Upvote 1