who else is playing metaphor refantazio?

41 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

Thats exactly what I did not want to happen :D I probably wouldn't have bought the game yet If I had waited to hear your late game impressions.

:D to be fair, this last dungeon isn’t a full dungeon. Thank goodness. So it’s not as bad as I expected. I’m on the last boss now. 

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

No, I keep a Pyramid Head  

56 hours in...   i'm at the part where you can get the bad ending   i've done every single side quest (most play a big role in character development and social bonds).  

30 hours in. Godly. This feels more like an rpg than the school/palace/social rinse and repeat of persona. I love how some side quests even trigger character bonds. The incentives to explore and try (

55 minutes ago, -GD-X said:

:D to be fair, this last dungeon isn’t a full dungeon. Thank goodness. So it’s not as bad as I expected. I’m on the last boss now. 

Even the first real dungeon is soo long and is dragging on for longer than it needs to. Thankfully the next few are apparently shorter and change things up.

The last “boss”…let’s just say I had to pause it after several hours. I don’t even care if I lose progress. The game went from elevating the persona formula into a more cohesive and deeper rpg…to doubling down on the worst parts of 5. 

• Sad 1

Im taking the runner to a new town for a side quest and I've been sitting in this thing for over 10 minutes . These games have no respect for your time .

3 minutes ago, JonDnD said:

Im taking the runner to a new town for a side quest and I've been sitting in this thing for over 10 minutes . These games have no respect for your time .

You eventually can fast travel. Also, it’s a good opportunity to boost your skills. 

I don't have time to boost my skills i have another mission thr next day and can't waste time.  Literally over 15 minutes now I don't see the point of this at all 

4 minutes ago, JonDnD said:

I don't have time to boost my skills i have another mission thr next day and can't waste time.  Literally over 15 minutes now I don't see the point of this at all 

You’ll have plenty of time. I was able to max out my character skills, do every bounty/request, and max every social bond…with like 16 days to spare. 

No i have a main mission the next day. It said I had enough time to do this side mission but I'm just sitting in the runner . An actual waste of time 

I guess i had to progress time to advance the runner. Hopefully this doesnt fuck the main story. I played this game a bit over the past 3 days and have only had 2 fights in 3 real days. Hopefully this picks up cause right now its getting pretty boring.

31 minutes ago, JonDnD said:

I guess i had to progress time to advance the runner. Hopefully this doesnt fuck the main story. I played this game a bit over the past 3 days and have only had 2 fights in 3 real days. Hopefully this picks up cause right now its getting pretty boring.

That sounds risky. It says in the beginning that you get a game over if you run out of time and I assume that means you might have to start the entire cycle over.

6 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

Yeah its not like the other 2 people playing the game on this forum also have issues with it...

And to all of you I say.... this is the studio that made Persona 5..... :drake: 

42 minutes ago, JonDnD said:

Oh. It ramps up significantly. Use your ship time wisely. It’s a good place to up your imagination, courage, etc. 

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Remij said:

And to all of you I say.... this is the studio that made Persona 5..... :drake: 

most of the game deviated from p5 a lot. It was surprisingly deep, and it was more like a series of mini dungeons and actual missions. The last 20% (feels like 40% lol) took a nosedive, though. 

• Like 1
  • -GD-X★ changed the title to who else is playing metaphor refantazio?
19 minutes ago, -GD-X said:

Beat it. 

I’ll write a longer review  in a few days.

8.5 is my score. 

did the final part of the game really drag it down so much? It sounded like a 9.5+ based on your original impressions.

2 hours ago, Twinblade said:

That sounds risky. It says in the beginning that you get a game over if you run out of time and I assume that means you might have to start the entire cycle over.

Im sure if that happens i can just reload my save from beforehand and teleport back to the main mission. It said I have enough time so we'll see lol

• Upvote 1
2 hours ago, Twinblade said:

did the final part of the game really drag it down so much? It sounded like a 9.5+ based on your original impressions.

Yeah. The last 20% was very dungeon-boss heavy. To be fair, it may have hit differently had I skipped an optional (but pretty vital imo)  series of quests, which involved dungeons. They are only available close to the end.

The final boss really wore down my patience. I had a pretty good balance with my team (healer; mage; melee attack and a misc). Still, that fight took forever. 

There are other issues. Some archetypes and side characters felt incomplete, like they were going to play a larger role, but were cut short. 

I loved most of the game. However, I feel like they shat the bed with the end. 

On a story level, it delivered, though. 

On a character one, Persona wipes the floor with this game The characters in MF were charming, but I’ll explain more in my longer review. 

There’s so much potential here for the next Persona. The QoL was a major step up. 

• Upvote 1

I installed the latest patch of the game and I can’t get over how great the opening desert scene looks/runs now on Steam Deck OLED.  It went from the teens (in the vanilla version) to a locked 30 with AA, high texture quality, and 125% scaling (to get an even sharper image). Kudos to Atlus for further optimizing this game. The prior update had already mostly fixed the framerate issue. But this is butter smooth with AA. I’m surprised it’s not verified on the SD yet.