Why do people consider DOA to be a shallow fighter?

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You just said the counter system is too complex,  therefore the game is simple. You're a fucking retard,  unaware you're a fucking retard.  No doubt,  you fucking suck at this game,  AND YOU HAVEN'T E

LAWL, its a button masher. The gameplay is fast. Too fast for a fighter, anybody can just randomly press a button just mash it, and you'll win. And with the counter system made more difficult in DoA4,

Damn - this thread owned. TLHBFR.

Cows prefer sluggish, boring "touch sensetive" action over fast paced, fluid action with mid level depth.... Such horrible taste in games :D:shakes:

You lemmings don't even know what you are talking about.. I'm starting to notice a trend.. DoA lovers are nothing more than noobs that once got DoA from their mothers or something and love that game, because it is the only fighter they have ever played, pathetic.

Cows prefer sluggish, boring "touch sensetive" action over fast paced, fluid action with mid level depth.... Such horrible taste in games :D:shakes:

Seems every section of the gaming media agrees too. Which is the reason why Tekken has ALWAYS outscored DOA. You guys act as if Tekken is some impossibly technical fighter. Tekken can be played by novices and it then has a learning curb and huge amount of depth to seperate the novice from the experienced. With DOA you have your novice player who can beat the experienced with a P, P, P, P, P combo and the more complex attacks show no difference. It is completely unbalanced in its depth and its attack pacing.

That's why Tekken > DOA.

You press punch that many times and you're going to get countered by the second one, which is going to take much more damage from the other people than that button ever would have.

People who talk shit about DOA show every time how they have absolutely no experience with it.

Yeah, you have to mix up the button mashing with ups and downs, what a shit game.

Needs more DOA4 shots so it can prove us that the gameplay is awesome :D

:D

These lemkids come in here saying that all fighters are buttonmashers. :D

They seem to think every fighter is like the only fighter they ever player, doa. :]

these silly fucks got their first street fighter experience from XBLA, lawl.. They shouldn't be playing or talking about fighters at all.

These lemkids come in here saying that all fighters are buttonmashers. :]

They seem to think every fighter is like the only fighter they ever player, doa. :D

these silly fucks got their first street fighter experience from XBLA, lawl.. They shouldn't be playing or talking about fighters at all.

You're starting to sound sheep. :shakes:

I'm disappointed in you. :D

That was boring as hell.

Alright slappy, if you wan't to play the retarded fankid fine by me.

I'm serious. I like Tekken. I just happen to like the newer DOAs (DOAU, DOA4) more. But that was one of the most boring matches of Tekken I have ever seen. It was the same punch with a few rising kicks here and there.

lol I'm not asking you to critique the entertainment value of the fight, that's DOA's redeeming value the fights look cinematic.

Too bad they aren't nearly as cerebral as that video.

I can tell when people don't play DOA with comments like that, or at least playing with anyone decent.

Each character in DOA4 has 60-100 moves. You could play DOA for months like I did and still see some amazing new moves that will make you say wow. Add on top of that the much better countering system in which you have to predict at what level they're going to hit you (high, mid, low, punch or kick) and how little time they actually give you to do them. Then if you factor in tag battles, that throws a whole other mess of strategies you have to learn, especially when there's a big difference of when you're tagging alone or with another person.

I completely forgot about grabs and tag grabs which are great against counter/block whores. They're harder to do, and easier to counter, but they do much more damage.

HAHAHA! This post cracked me up.. I'm glad you enjoy your kindergarden fighter like a true newb would.

They seem to think every fighter is like the only fighter they ever player, doa. :]

Just face the facts lemkids, DOA blows, it's not in the league of serious fighters. Not even close.

I remember beating the crap out of everyone on high levels when i had DOAU on xflop, on my first day. Shallow garbage, games turn into counter fests quickly where both players try to counter at the same time and all you get is some dancing characters, lmfao.

Pressing forward to counter? In what world does this make sense :D bu but teh 4 way counter system is awesome :D Teh guessing what move could come next makes it so exciting :D

Fucking trash :]

The fucking truth. :D

Hey Eva, Virtua Fighter 4 9.3 > Tekken 4 8.4, Tekken 5 9.2 :D

win for the hedgehog :D

TLHBFR!

This thread is awesome :] it's so personal.

It's just good old fashioned lemming ownage, like it used to be back in the day. No more ignoring their idiotic comments, no more letting them circle jerk, it's just owning them and their POS console like cows and sheep used to do all the time back in 2001-2004.

The facade is over, there isn't any "bu but we can't be owned ;(" this shit is fo' real now :D

Needs more DOA4 shots so it can prove us that the gameplay is awesome B)

They seem to think every fighter is like the only fighter they ever player, doa. :D

Just face the facts lemkids, DOA blows, it's not in the league of serious fighters. Not even close.

I remember beating the crap out of everyone on high levels when i had DOAU on xflop, on my first day. Shallow garbage, games turn into counter fests quickly where both players try to counter at the same time and all you get is some dancing characters, lmfao.

Pressing forward to counter? In what world does this make sense :D bu but teh 4 way counter system is awesome :D Teh guessing what move could come next makes it so exciting :D

Fucking trash :]

The fucking truth. :D

This thread proves that you two faggot sellouts need to turn blue once again :D

Hey Eva, Virtua Fighter 4 9.3 > Tekken 4 8.4, Tekken 5 9.2 :]

EDIT some more:

Mortal Kombat Deception 8.5 > Tekken 4 :D

win for the MK kids :D

Every true Tekken player knows that Tekken 4 was bad.

Hey Eva, Virtua Fighter 4 9.3 > Tekken 4 8.4, Tekken 5 9.2 :D

EDIT some more:

Mortal Kombat Deception 8.5 > Tekken 4 :D

win for the MK kids :]

Every true Tekken player knows that Tekken 4 was bad. Tell it to Eva who's showing his sheep colors as of late. :D