Xenoblade has by far the most boring combat of any JRPG I played this gen

It's so fucking slow, killing shit takes forever. It's just some repositioning, the world is huge, and instead of making it fun to explore it take forever to get from point A to B.

How do you design such grandiouse/impressive environments to explore and bog down the whole thing with shit combat, that makes no fucking sense pacingwise. The music is great, the story is good, the characters voice acting/production values are also great,

But that fucking combat, I put it on easy because I couldn't just bother to pull mobs from a distance, then wack them with auto attack for 3 minutes. Reset, do it 50x till you get to explore the area.

What wasted potential. Bring on Fire Emblem, and Octopath (I'll get it if it doesn't get ported within a year)

5 minutes ago, McWickedSmawt85 said:

Xenoblade 1 or 2?  2 is slow until you get the combat down, which takes forever.  1 can't be described as slow by any sane person.

Switch one, I'm confused with the name. 1/X/2 or whatever.

It's like designing a Metroid game where every room takes 1 minute to kill an enemy, before you go to the next. It's stupid.

28 minutes ago, Aza Team 2019 said:

Switch one, I'm confused with the name. 1/X/2 or whatever.

It's like designing a Metroid game where every room takes 1 minute to kill an enemy, before you go to the next. It's stupid.

Combat can be "slow" if you're not chaining correctly. 

Once you learn to

In battle...

link elements - get orb - link different elements - get different elemental orb- do an overdive attack with the aegis + chain it with a break +topple +lift.... then while the enemy is airborne do the elemental attack with the orb (this allows your entire party to go do a special each and if you chain it correctly you get to chain it twice).... once that orb is done... chain in the 2nd orb.... if you chained everything correctly I think you get another super attack or something so. 

Once I figured out the entire battle system, most battles were over pretty quickly. 

• Haha 1