Digital Foundry BFV Pro vs X

6 minutes ago, Remij_ said:

You can hit high 1440p 60fps pretty easily with the GTX 1060.. maybe some dips here and there.  Probably at Xbox One X settings you could probably tweak the res to get to the same performance as the X1X.  They're essentially matched.

I've already see this game in operation from several different sources on that hardware at basically every pertinent resolution, 1080p, 1440p, 4K etc. On High settings at 1440p it basically operates at the same FPS threshold of the Xbox One X at 3456x1944 and for 4K it's hanging around 30 with some dips into the high 20's. 

At Xbox One X settings which I'd wager are mostly High across the board the 1060 with a slight mix of medium would likely need to be at 1800p to match its performance. You could probably get Xbox One X performance out of a 1060 6GB if it were OC'd to the point of instability. 

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

12 minutes ago, DynamiteCop! said:

I've already see this game in operation from several different sources on that hardware at basically every pertinent resolution, 1080p, 1440p, 4K etc. On High settings at 1440p it basically operates at the same FPS threshold of the Xbox One X at 3456x1944 and for 4K it's hanging around 30 with some dips into the high 20's. 

At Xbox One X settings which I'd wager are mostly High across the board the 1060 with a slight mix of medium would likely need to be at 1800p to match its performance. You could probably get Xbox One X performance out of a 1060 6GB if it were OC'd to the point of instability. 

It's completely useless to try to compare these games across platforms because it's never like for like.  The only thing you can do is get a "general sense" of the performance... and between consoles you can kinda look at where the performance and resolution sit at.  On PC there's far more to customize but there's no dynamic scaler in the PC version.  If the Xbox One X version didn't dynamically adjust the resolution, the average framerate would be much lower... What you're seeing on X1X is impacted performance while the GPU is struggling to hit a given resolution and within a given fps threshold.  You're not often getting a 60fps during any active moments... and you're not getting a native resolution either.  So that means that unless nothing is going on at all... the game never chooses to stick to one or the other.. so we can't say one way or the other how the X would perform overall when locked to a given resolution.

Anyway, I'd say they are still in the same ballpark.