Red Dead Redemption 2 EXCLUSIVE thread for PS4 owners ONLY (Smelly HermPits and Xcucks not allowed)

By enabling super-sampling in firmware 5.5, the game believes you have a 4K screen connected and the system takes over from there, downscaling the image and producing beautiful anti-aliasing in the process. The improvement to image quality is clear; jagged edges are smoothed over, more detail can be resolved in some cases, while flickering is also reduced in motion on sub-pixel detail - something we can't really show you in our screenshot gallery here.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Since Sony has been gracious enough to get exclusive content for red dead I think we should have our own EXCLUSIVE thread. We can allow Lemmards and their butt buddies, the Smelly Hermpits, to post in

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, Jon2B said:

I don't know the technical shit but whatever low res PS4 has like 1440 doensampled on a 1080p tv will look a lot better than normal 1080p

When I first got my X I still had a 1080p tv and the games looked so much cleaner .

Also the other small benefits of pro will still be noticable on a 1080p screen.

It's dumb to buy a base console now . What tv are you gaming on ? The Westinghouse in the laundromat? Rofl 

A lot of people are saying that the base PS4 actually has better IQ in this game, and the media popping up backs this as it's very blurry on the Pro due to its terrible reconstruction method. For a 1080p TV and this game the base system would be a better choice, for games in general the Pro. 

Edited by DynamiteCop!