Can't find Xmas presents for people whine thread

-maybe one of us will escape The Lost.

I shoulda broke down and bought an Echo Dot SMART speaker for one of my parents.  Now it's impossible to order anything for amazon.

Are these thing actually useful?  Cheap trick?  Verbal calender,maybespotify, but hmm.

--- what are some good last minute ideas? Who are you struggling to buy for? I got the SO something, which is good. But can't think ofshat for parents.

Do they even have Amazon prime to begin with?

It could answer questions for you. But it would be more helpful if you paired it with a music streaming service (and that's if they like playing music throughout the day) and it it most helpful if they have things like Smart Electrical switches to turn stuff on and off, and smart light bulbs, and newer versions of the RING doorbell.

If its a woman, I usually buy products of convenience, like a really nice quality sleep mask that covers the eyes, or silk pillowcases because that's actually good for people with long, thin hair, not getting tangled when they sleep.

A friend of mine is getting a newer iPhone, and those came with wireless charging (finally) so I bought them a nice, big, Qi wireless charging pad because I figure he'd like multiple places throughout his house to charge the phone.

There's another friend of mine who is a huge fan of The Shield, and it just came out on blu ray remastered, but its fucking $137. No way I'm getting that at that price.  I decided on buying Pandemic Legacy board game (I hear its a really amazing board game), but I don't know of any local stores where I could buy it in time.

1 minute ago, jehurey said:

Do they even have Amazon prime to begin with?

It could answer questions for you. But it would be more helpful if you paired it with a music streaming service (and that's if they like playing music throughout the day) and it it most helpful if they have things like Smart Electrical switches to turn stuff on and off, and smart light bulbs, and newer versions of the RING doorbell.

If its a woman, I usually buy products of convenience, like a really nice quality sleep mask that covers the eyes, or silk pillowcases because that's actually good for people with long, thin hair, not getting tangled when they sleep.

A friend of mine is getting a newer iPhone, and those came with wireless charging (finally) so I bought them a nice, big, Qi wireless charging pad because I figure he'd like multiple places throughout his house to charge the phone.

There's another friend of mine who is a huge fan of The Shield, and it just came out on blu ray remastered, but its fucking $137. No way I'm getting that at that price.  I decided on buying Pandemic Legacy board game (I hear its a really amazing board game), but I don't know of any local stores where I could buy it in time.

i hate hate hate christmas shopping.  I don't even want shit!!

I've spent 3-4 days thinking/mulling for ideas.  I already purchased what I needed and wanted to trade over a month ago.

Me mum sprained her arm, so maybe I'll go over on Saturday put up the tree and help cook?  Then pry more ideas for presents.  Honestly thinking of taking her $$$ present, putting it back into a card for her, and saying "yeah merrry christmas."

One parent has a cylinder longer bluetooth portable speaker, but I know she just listens to music off youtube. And I don't think the echo dot can play music from your music library actually, which is lame as shit.

No smart lights, but there's 2 smart TVs.  Can the echo dot be a remote for those things??  I doubt it.  Probably a cheap trick, but again, can't order it anymore now.

Well, I would definitely hate christmas shopping if I had to do it 2-3 days before Christmas, and gave me no choice but to have to visit stores in person because you can't get online and shipped to you in time.

You need to buy that stuff during Oct/Nov.

true, but I'mlazy and my family is black. Probably should have huh, now that I reflect  on it.  Could have paid for it easier in Oct/November too.

blarg. I'm giving up for the day. Playing Dragon Quest, trying to feed myself, and procastianating the awkward inevitiblethat I have shit for presents for the fam.

I finished. Dumb Ass "Mumma"got "any ol fucking present" because she has no heart or sense and got impatient with me asking her a bunch of ideas back and forth over the past couple days,

so fuck you :D I thought way less than I would like to have, and got you the next thing on my computer screen. Hope you're fucking happy, idiot.

Pops gota rando electronic accessory.  $$pent a good amount, but not sure if he'll like it/need it/know how to use it.  It's fun to sometimes risk and buy rando presents!  I will take it off his hands in a few months if he want an upgrade.  

I spent a decent chunk on a few folks this year. Feels good to be done. F U Muaaa (mom). You coulda had a more thought out present, but thanks for saving me time and guilt.

Now I'm going to go buy myself dinner and cigarretes.  And hope the karma gods reward my tough work with a smooth happy christmas.  ***