Is it worth buying a PS4 Pro with just a 1080p TV?

6 hours ago, DynamiteCop! said:

If you already know what you're doing then why would you even ask?

Because that's not what I'm asking. I'm asking if the boost from Pro is worth it with a 1080p TV, not if I should buy a Xbox One X.

3 hours ago, Remij_ said:

Don't buy ANY fucking console right now.  Don't buy a PRO and don't buy a Switch.  If you're going to buy anything, buy a new TV.. then get a PS5 in the next year and a half or later.

If you buy a PRO now... you will waste your money.  If you buy a Switch now... you will waste your money.  Both consoles will be replaced by better hardware quite soon enough.

There, you've been told... now go do whatever the fuck you want.

I'm already waiting to see if there will be a Switch hardware revision.

I'm not going to buy a PS5 day one though. I waited almost two years before buying a PS4. Early gen with cross generational games just wasn't worth it.

But you might be right. PS5 is definitely not that far off.

The fact that you're asking now in 2019 makes the question harder to answer.

if you found a Pro for about $300-$320, and you could get money back by selling your OG PS4, then I'd say that's a fairly easy upgrade decision.

Yes, playing PS4pro on a 1080p is nice, but its also nice because you ensure more stable performance in games. And I'd be leery having a Playstation running for 4-5 years, it might crap out on you and you'd end up having to buy another one anyway.

If Sony does introduce a PS5, then that would definitely have backwards compatibility, and you might as well set aside the money to get that.